Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Hello_encode oneVPL project

Zanaboni__Gabriele

Hi

I am doing some tests with the project Hello_encode of oneAPI (release beta 08).

The project (visual studio 2017 c++ )work fine with HEVC codec, for my use I would like to encode the same input file to h264, so I changed this line of code

mfxU32 codecID = MFX_CODEC_HEVC;

to

mfxU32 codecID = MFX_CODEC_AVC;

Run the program it exit with error.

What is the problem, I have other thing to fix in a code?

thanks

regards

0 Kudos
29 Replies
Zanaboni__Gabriele

Hi Mark

The problem was related to oneAPI beta 08, now I'm with the latest version, the question is still open in other threads.

Thanks

Regards

0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

Thanks for the quick response,

Yes, this is why I want to help you with the latest release--oneVPL 2021.1, it is part of the oneAPI BaseKit.

I got a developer who can help you so let's clarify some of your latest work so we have a fresh start. Let me repeat the question and I hope you can answer at least one question so we could start.

• Which release did you used in the latest try?
  • How did you install the release when you had the issue in your latest try?
  • In your latest trial, Could you check CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH after running script\build.bat gpl?

Mark

0 Kudos
Zanaboni__Gabriele

Hi Mark

thanks for your time

As i said the issue was releated to a test made on release beta08, but the question is still there.

As you know with Microsoft Visual Studio (2017) through a wizard you can create a project, for example one of these is hello_encode. The sample gets a i420 file format as input and encode it as h265.

Based on the (added) source code, with the same input file, what should I change to encode in h264?

Could you please tell me what are the parameters or the line of code to modify to get this kind of encoding (yes sure, if it is possible with the same project, hope so)?

Regards

0 Kudos
Zanaboni__Gabriele

Sorry Mark

I would like to point out that the project can be compiled directly from the Microsoft visual studio environment.

Regards

0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Gabriele,

You are welcome. Apology for taking little bit more time to setup the debugging and really appreciated for your help.

This is I want to do next, we will configure like this:

• Install 2021.1 through oneAPI BaseKit landing page.
  • Download oneVPL sample code from GitHub oneVPL sample.

I will confirm with developer with this configuration and give you the specific steps and see if it works. This makes sure everyone in the same page. If not, we will start debugging.

Mark

0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Gabriele,

Sorry for being delayed response since I have been discussing with dev team to solution.

Dev team understood this issue: the current build process is complicated and confused, they are trying to improve it in next release, which should be the end of first quarter. They suggest this would be the best time to check.

Let me know your thought, if you still want to check for gold release and I will still help you with the current process.

Mark Liu

0 Kudos
Zanaboni__Gabriele

Hi Mark

thanks for your time.

I will wait for the next release.

regards

0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Gabriele,

Thanks so much for the reminder.

Yes, we are closed to new release and I was going to contact you about your readiness. I am ready to help you with new trial and I will let you know when the release is out.

Mark Liu

0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Gabriele,

Really apologized for the long delay, are you ready for another try?

With our new release, we should set for re-do this based on new release and get started guide.

Mark

0 Kudos