Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Help with camera preview in Android media sample

Lance_B_1
Beginner

Hello Intel INDE team,

I am building an app with live streaming and am using code from the Android sample CameraStreamerActivity. Everything works great in landscape mode and I get a full screen preview. However, when I try to run this in portrait mode, I get a square preview which does not fill the screen. I've tried setting different preview sizes and even removing setPreviewSize, but I still cannot fill the whole screen.

This is a sample of how my preview looks: http://imgur.com/XUznvF1

Thank you.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi,

Yes, we do see this issue in portrait mode of the Android Media sample. I also see you have opened this issue on Media Github. I will communicate with our team and update.

Thanks, 

0 Kudos
Lance_B_1
Beginner

Hi Harsh,

Is there any update on this issue?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi,

I have notified the team about the issue and we are working on it. I am waiting on reply with a fix or workaround. Will update once I get more information. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Nikolay_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Lance,

We were able to repro the issue and to best of our knowledge fix it. Could you please shoot me your email address via "Send Message" to share an engineering drop with you to try on your side?

device-2015-03-12-125602_0.png

0 Kudos
Joaquin_G_
Beginner

hi guys, an update came out and this issue is still there. You can't make anything on portrait mode with the INDE which is pretty much useless without it.

any official update with this fix? this is a big big bug

0 Kudos
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi Joaquin,

There was no official update with Media for mobile. I see you have already communicated with Nick via "private message" for the package that should fix this issue.

Thanks, 

0 Kudos