Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

How can I make live stream?

Cui_z_
Beginner

Hi,

I want to make live stream to send via internet on .net c# application.

Can I make it on media sdk?

If it enable, how can I make it?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi Cui, 

MediaSDK API supports hardware quick sync low level video processing like encoding,decoding, transcoding etc. But, if you are looking for support for UDP streaming? The Media SDK product does not provide samples for all possible integration points. But, you may find  ffmpeg + Media SDK solution interesting in your efforts. 

FFmpeg supports a wide range of mux/demux features that Media SDK does not cover. FFmpeg also has support for UDP streaming. You might be interested in taking a looking at this article: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/integrating-intel-media-sdk-with-ffmpeg-for-muxdemuxing-and-audio-encodedecode-usages.

Thanks, 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi Cui, 

MediaSDK API supports hardware quick sync low level video processing like encoding,decoding, transcoding etc. But, if you are looking for support for UDP streaming? The Media SDK product does not provide samples for all possible integration points. But, you may find  ffmpeg + Media SDK solution interesting in your efforts. 

FFmpeg supports a wide range of mux/demux features that Media SDK does not cover. FFmpeg also has support for UDP streaming. You might be interested in taking a looking at this article: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/integrating-intel-media-sdk-with-ffmpeg-for-muxdemuxing-and-audio-encodedecode-usages.

Thanks, 

0 Kudos