Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

How can I remove the AUD, SEI, and PPS headers after encoding?

nrson
Beginner

Hi,

I have a analysis H264 bitstreams after encoding. There are other headers(AUD, PPS, SEI) as like figure 1.

I want to remove the other headers because the encoded bitstream is transfered to other client.

How do I delete it?

Thanks in advance,

nrson

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Petter_L_Intel
Employee
This is a duplicate. See response in other post,
0 Kudos
nrson
Beginner
Hi, Petter I rewrite my source your advices, but output stream is as like previouse status. My source is as following: mfxStatus CEncodingPipeline::InitMfxEncParams(sInputParams *pInParams) { m_mfxExtCodingOption.NalHrdConformance = MFX_CODINGOPTION_OFF; m_mfxExtCodingOption.PicTimingSEI = MFX_CODINGOPTION_OFF; m_mfxExtCodingOption.AUDelimiter = MFX_CODINGOPTION_OFF; m_mfxEncParams.mfx.CodecId = pInParams->CodecId; m_mfxEncParams.mfx.TargetUsage = pInParams->nTargetUsage; // trade-off between quality and speed m_mfxEncParams.mfx.TargetKbps = pInParams->nBitRate; // in Kbps m_mfxEncParams.mfx.RateControlMethod = MFX_RATECONTROL_CBR; ConvertFrameRate(pInParams->dFrameRate, &m_mfxEncParams.mfx.FrameInfo.FrameRateExtN, &m_mfxEncParams.mfx.FrameInfo.FrameRateExtD); m_mfxEncParams.mfx.EncodedOrder = 0; // binary flag, 0 signals encoder to take frames in display order ................... return MFX_ERR_NONE; } Where is the problems? Best regareds, nrson
0 Kudos
nrson
Beginner
Hi, Petter I rewrite my source your advices, but output stream is as like previouse status. My source is as following: mfxStatus CEncodingPipeline::InitMfxEncParams(sInputParams *pInParams) { m_mfxExtCodingOption.NalHrdConformance = MFX_CODINGOPTION_OFF; m_mfxExtCodingOption.PicTimingSEI = MFX_CODINGOPTION_OFF; m_mfxExtCodingOption.AUDelimiter = MFX_CODINGOPTION_OFF; m_mfxEncParams.mfx.CodecId = pInParams->CodecId; m_mfxEncParams.mfx.TargetUsage = pInParams->nTargetUsage; // trade-off between quality and speed m_mfxEncParams.mfx.TargetKbps = pInParams->nBitRate; // in Kbps m_mfxEncParams.mfx.RateControlMethod = MFX_RATECONTROL_CBR; ConvertFrameRate(pInParams->dFrameRate, &m_mfxEncParams.mfx.FrameInfo.FrameRateExtN, &m_mfxEncParams.mfx.FrameInfo.FrameRateExtD); m_mfxEncParams.mfx.EncodedOrder = 0; // binary flag, 0 signals encoder to take frames in display order ................... return MFX_ERR_NONE; } Where are the problems? Best regareds, nrson
0 Kudos
Petter_L_Intel
Employee
Hi nrson, can you explain what NAL types you see in the generated stream? Are you using HW or SW encode? Regards, Petter
0 Kudos
nrson
Beginner
Hi Petter, I want to encode using HW, and NAL type's sequence are SPS->PPS->I->P->P...->SPS->PPS->I->P->-P->.... That is to say, GOP's interval is 10 not using B frame and SPS and PPS before I frame are inserted. Tnanks in advance, nrson
0 Kudos
Petter_L_Intel
Employee
Hi nrson, as explained in previous post (see duplicate) PPS and AUD does get inserted when encoding using HW. This is known HW limitation. If you do not want to have these part of the stream you have to remove them manually. To generate I-P-P..... GOP pattern then set GopRefDist=1. GopPicSize is used to control GOP size and IdrInterval is used to configure frequency of key frames. Regards, Petter
0 Kudos
Liu__Cheng-Hung
Beginner

Please see this: 

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=152419

Someone altered ffmpeg and implemented a new bistream filter: h264_changesps=removedupheader

I tried and found it can do what you want to do: only leave the 1st SPS and 1st PPS.

Example: ffmpeg -i in.h264  -vcodec copy -vbsf "h264_changesps=removedupheader"  out.h264

0 Kudos