Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

How can I stream the H264 video generated by the Media SDK to a website?

Matthew_C_7
Beginner

So, I started by passing YUV frames, one at a time into the encoder and get out a H264 bitstream.  It is working and I can save that to a file and play it via VLC.

However, what I would like to do is to stream it in real-time and receive it in a web browser.

Any idea as to how I would do that?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Petter_L_Intel
Employee

Hi Matthew,

Intel Media SDK can certainly be used to encode streams with low latency and suitable for live network streaming.

However, network protocol container packaging is outside the scope of the SDK so you would have to look elsewhere for this. One way to approach this is to use the popular FFmpeg framework, as illustrated in the Media SDK tutorial samples. http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-media-sdk-tutorial

Regards,
Petter

0 Kudos