Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

How to add an On-Screen Timestamp to the output video stream?

Joyah
Beginner

Hello

I have some problems while using SDK Filters in GraphEdit:

Is there any kind of filter that could add an On-Screen Timestamp to the output video stream?

Or, is there any way to customize the filter, for that function? Which filter should I customize?

Thanks!

Regards

Joyah

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Joyah
Beginner

BTW, for more usage, is it possible to add a user-defined string to output?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Petter_L_Intel
Employee
Hi Joyah,

sorry, but we do not provide any of those features as part of the Media SDK DirectShow samples.

There may be other filters or render filters that can be used to apply video frame overlays or you could modify the sample filters to compose the overlays yourself.

Regards,
Petter
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Quoting Joyah

Is there any kind of filter that could add an On-Screen Timestamp to the output video stream?

Microsoft DirectX SDKs ( any version since 2005 )havea couple of examples on how to do it.

Best regards,
Sergey

0 Kudos
Joyah
Beginner

That seems sucha good news to me!
Could you please tell me some more details about that filter or example? (I've already got DXSDK v2010)
Thank you very much!

Regards,
Joyah

0 Kudos