Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

How to add extra control values to VPP plugin

genki888
Beginner

I'm looking for a way to use VPP with extra parameters changing by every frame.

I builded media SDK sample projects (sample_transcode & sample_vpp). so now I can use sample transcoder with sample VPP dll.

Then I'd like to add controll parameters to VPP(e.g. some threshold values for image process).

Is there any way to achive this?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

You can add extra control parameters to the samples by opening up the projects, adding changes to the parameter parsing and initialization sections, and rebuilding.  

However, the tutorials are probably an easier route to understand how the VPP code works. You can get them here.  https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/media-sdk-tutorials-for-client-and-server.

Note that some parameters can only be passed in with extended parameter buffers. You can find simple examples of this in the tutorials.

0 Kudos