Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

How to build MSDK by cmake on Windows10

yifan
Beginner

Hi,

I try to build MSDK by cmake on win10, my command is:

cmake /path/to/mediasdk

I guess all the configuration are default by this way.

But it failed and print as below:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- Building for: Visual Studio 16 2019
-- Selecting Windows SDK version 10.0.18362.0 to target Windows 10.0.18363.
-- The C compiler identification is MSVC 19.28.29334.0
-- The CXX compiler identification is MSVC 19.28.29334.0
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Check for working C compiler: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio/2019/Professional/VC/Tools/MSVC/14.28.29333/bin/Hostx64/x64/cl.exe - skipped
-- Detecting C compile features
-- Detecting C compile features - done
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
-- Check for working CXX compiler: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio/2019/Professional/VC/Tools/MSVC/14.28.29333/bin/Hostx64/x64/cl.exe - skipped
-- Detecting CXX compile features
-- Detecting CXX compile features - done
-- No build type selected, default to release
-- Intel OpenCL SDK was not found (optional). The following will not be built: rotate_opencl plugin.
-- Intel(R) Media SDK was found here C:/MediaSDK-master
-- Enabling API 1.31 feature set with flags
-- CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=C:/Program Files/mediasdk
-- Global Configuration of Targets
-- Target Architecture to compile: sse4.2
-- CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/intel/mediasdk
-- MFX_PLUGINS_CONF_DIR=/mfx
-- MFX_MODULES_DIR=/opt/intel/mediasdk/lib
-- Intel OpenCL SDK was not found (optional). The following will not be built: rotate_opencl plugin.
CMake Error at samples/metrics_monitor/CMakeLists.txt:3 (if):
if given arguments:

"PKG_LIBDRM_FOUND" "AND" "(" "VERSION_GREATER" "2.4.91" ")"

Unknown arguments specified

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "C:/benchmark/encode/Intel_Icelake_encode/MediaSDK-master-orig/MediaSDK-master/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am sure that I have stall the openCL in my PC, and also didn't see any error in theMakeOutput.log.

I don't know if any configure issue so that I cannot use cmake like this.

So how to build the MSDK correctly? I need to add some options behind "cmake" next step.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
RaeesaM_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Could you please share the link/ document that you followed to build Media SDK using cmake on windows / steps to reproduce ?

As a workaround , you can install the Media SDK on windows using visual media 2017.

Steps to follow :

·      Download the Media SDK toolkit for windows from https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/media-sdk/choose-download/client.html

·      Set up INTELMEDIASDKROOT, which points to the SDK installation folder.

·      Install SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and set up INTELOCLSDKROOT environment variable to /include/cl/ folder:

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/opencl-sdk/choose-download.html

·      ​Build the samples comes along with Media SDK toolkit using Visual Studio, Run any of the solution file (eg:-sample_decode.sln)

Raeesa

0 Kudos
yifan
Beginner

Hi,

yes I generated the "sample_xxx.exe" by visual studio successfully, however, how about add some options (eg: MFX_ENABLE_KERNELS=OFF)? I guess that build by VS cannot add options, right?

I followed this page: https://github.com/Intel-Media-SDK/MediaSDK#build-steps

0 Kudos
JieyTan
Beginner

Hi,

I followed these steps and built sample_encode with VS2019, I can build it. however, when I try to run it to encode YUV file, I run into:

ERROR: No suitable adapters found for this workload

[ERROR], sts=MFX_ERR_NOT_FOUND(-9), CEncodingPipeline::GetImpl, MFXQueryAdapters failed at C:\Users\tjyat\Documents\Intel(R) Media SDK 2020 R1 - Media Samples 8.4.32.0\sample_encode\src\pipeline_encode.cpp:1579

[ERROR], sts=MFX_ERR_NOT_FOUND(-9), CEncodingPipeline::Init, GetImpl failed at C:\Users\tjyat\Documents\Intel(R) Media SDK 2020 R1 - Media Samples 8.4.32.0\sample_encode\src\pipeline_encode.cpp:1642

[ERROR], sts=MFX_ERR_NOT_FOUND(-9), wmain, pPipeline->Init failed at C:\Users\tjyat\Documents\Intel(R) Media SDK 2020 R1 - Media Samples 8.4.32.0\sample_encode\src\sample_encode.cpp:1632

C:\Users\tjyat\Documents\Intel(R) Media SDK 2020 R1 - Media Samples 8.4.32.0\sample_encode\..\..\..\build\win_Win32\Release\bin\sample_encode.exe  (pid 14584) return: -9。

Can someone please help? What should i do to make it work?

0 Kudos
RaeesaM_Intel

Hi,

Glad to know that you were able to build the samples successfully using Visual Studio. For the question regarding adding additional options during build, we could see that there is a new query that you posted.

https://community.intel.com/t5/Media-Intel-oneAPI-Video/How-to-build-MSDK-with-options-by-cmake-on-Win10/m-p/1239431/emcs_t/S2h8ZW1haWx8Ym9hcmRfc3Vic2NyaXB0aW9ufEtJWVRUN0xONllIQ1dIfDEyMzk0MzF8U1VCU0NSSVBUSU9OU3xoSw#M13387

We will be addressing this issue in this thread. Since you were able to successfully build the sample using the steps we provided, Can we discontinue monitoring this thread ?

Thanks,

Raeesa

0 Kudos
RaeesaM_Intel

Yes. We will be answering your query regarding adding options in the above link.

Thank you for the confirmation. We are discontinuing monitoring this thread. Please raise a new thread in case if you have any further issues.

Regards,

Raeesa

0 Kudos