Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

How to choose the right version of Intel Media SDK?

lonely_hearts_club
I've got a Sandy Bridge i5-2300 CPU and Iwant to use the Intel Media SDK to encode h.264 video streams with hardware acceleration. I noticed that there were different versions of MSDK. Which version can best utilize the hardware encoding capability of Sandy Bridge processors?Thank u.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Eric_S_Intel
Employee
[bash]Hello, 

The Media SDK 2.0 was aligned with the Sandy Bridge platform, however the actual DLL that provides the
accelerated HW encoding feature is not distributed in the Media SDK download. It is instead installed by
the graphics driver. So, download the Media SDK 2.0 to get the docs, libs, headers, samples then install
the latest version of the Sandy Bridge graphics driver to get the HW acceleration. -Eric [/bash]
0 Kudos