Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

How to decode 4K H.264 decode + UYVY 422 (using VPP)

Hitesh_V_
Beginner

Hi All,

I checked the latest Intel Media SDK release note and found that it can decode 4K H.264. But it decodes only NV12. I also found it can do color conversion 4Kx4K. So I am looking for a demo which can decode H.264 (4K resolution) and generate UYVY.

I checked and found a sample code "simple_6_decode_vpp_postproc", I do not want scaling so I keep the cropW/cropH as like input. Then I changed the "VPPParams.vpp.Out.FourCC = MFX_FOURCC_YUY2;" and "VPPParams.vpp.Out.ChromaFormat = MFX_CHROMAFORMAT_YUV422;" I also change "bitsPerPixel = 16;" for the VPP output parameters as I am expecting YUV422 data.

But still the generated YUV output is NV12 only. Am I missing something here? Can I have a sample (or patch) if someone has already achieved it?

I am new to Intel Media SDK so I might have done some silly mistakes. please point out if that is the case.

- HRV

0 Kudos
0 Replies