Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

How to disable GPB

dejian_s_
Beginner

Dear Sir

I just want to get regular P frame to instead GPB frame. And I set mfxExtCodingOpt3.GPB to MFX_CODINGOPTION_OFF to init my encoder.

But It doesn't work. Can you help me out?

thank you!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
dejian_s_
Beginner

no people here?

0 Kudos
ViCue_S_
New Contributor I

per my limited knowledge only Low Delay B (aka GPB) is supported. No regular P frames in Skylake implementation

0 Kudos
Dmitry_E_Intel
Employee

Indeed, regular P frames are not supported yet. Please refer to HEVC encoder section in release notes of MSS 2017 R2:

Encoder cannot encode regular P-frames. Low-delay B-frames are coded instead. All parameters targeted to P-frames (e.g. GopRefDist, -QPP) are applied to these low-delay B frames (new). Similarly, if FrameType = MFX_FRAMETYPE_P is passed in encoded order, it's coded as low-delay B-frame.

0 Kudos
dejian_s_
Beginner

Hi ViCue and Dmitry

Thank you for you reply!

Best Regards.

0 Kudos