Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

How to disable Variable Frame Rate in H264 encoder

geneziz
Beginner

Hi

I need to disable VFR for H264 encoder (Intel Media SDK, Windows). I have no ideas how to do that, don't see simple option to make constant frame rate like in other encoders. I'm using DirectShow filter sample, but I think this question is about encoder core, not DirectShow. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

The directshow samples are deprecated.  As samples, even before they were deprecated they were released as starting points and not intended to be complete.  You are encouraged to change the h264 filter to meet your needs.  However, since the sample is deprecated our ability to help with it will be limited.

The best place to start to learn how the Media SDK encoder works is with the tutorials: https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-media-server-studio-support/code-samples

For encode, you can start with simple_3_encode. 

The default for Media SDK is constant frame rate.  It's more complicated to do VFR, since this involves timestamps and (possibly) bitrate control, GOP structure, etc.    

0 Kudos