Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

How to get NAL count and total threads in h264 Encoding?

Mohammad_T_1
Beginner

Hello,

I wanted to know is there any function call or parameter provided by Intel Media SDK in h264 Encoding which can tell me :

1- NAL count in each h264 encoded frame?

2- Total number of threads involve in Encoding?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Artem_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Mohammad, for NAL count you mean NAL unit? There is a plan to get NAL unit info report in nearest Media SDK release.

What is purpose for getting amount of threads?

0 Kudos
Mohammad_T_1
Beginner

Hello Artem,

1- By NAL count i mean total number of NALU in a encoded h264 frame.

2- For doing RnD related to cpu usage, i was wondering if intel provides something which can allow to set number of threads to run in encoding.

0 Kudos
Mohammad_T_1
Beginner

Kindly replay me if anyone know the answer of the above question.

0 Kudos
Artem_S_Intel
Employee

There are no any option now to set number of internal threads for encoding, number of internal threads allocated - always equal to number of available logical cores, number of threads used - will vary from 1 to number of threads allocated depending on different situations.

0 Kudos
Mohammad_T_1
Beginner

1- By NAL count i mean total number of NALU in a encoded h264 frame. Kindly tell me about this ?

0 Kudos
Artem_S_Intel
Employee

Currently this is in development.

0 Kudos
Mohammad_T_1
Beginner

Hello Artem,

Thanks for your reply.

0 Kudos