Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

How to initialize IQSV Encoder

gparag1983
Beginner

Hello,

Currently I am using Intel Media SDK 2013 R2 and Windows7 64 bit OS.

A per my understanding to initialize IQSV Encoder, we have to connect one monitor to  VGA input of Motherboard.

But currently I am attaching my single monitor to my external Graphic card. And I am not connecting any monitor to motherboard display. But extending my main monitor. After Extending my display, I can initialize IQSV Encoder.

Please find the attachment related to my machine configuration and how I am extending monitor.

Is there any way to automate extending display process or without connecting any monitor to VGA input of  motherboard, I can initialize IQSV encoder ?

Regards

Parag Gandhi

0 Kudos
4 Replies
OTorg
New Contributor III

Some answers are here: http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/311872

Or you can use win8 - it allows headless graphics (DX11).

0 Kudos
Anthony_P_Intel
Employee

D3D9 is a requirement/dependency of Quick Sync Video on Windows 7.

If you can convince the operating system to make a D3D9 device available for the adapter you are trying to use (with acceleration and memory) then you can use D3D9 features.  As dj_alek correctly points out, the usage model of headless graphics is a feature introduced in D3D11 architecture.

0 Kudos
gparag1983
Beginner

Hello Tony,

I also try to use MFX_IMPL_VIA_D3D9 flag instead of MFX_IMPL_HARDWARE_ANY during Encoder init. And set m_bd3dAlloc = true.

But CPU usage is increase to 80% instead of 12%(when I am using MFX_IMPL_HARDWARE_ANY flag). And File recorded is completely black.And recording stop after 40 seconds.

Regards

Parag Gandhi

0 Kudos
Anthony_P_Intel
Employee

I believe you are intending to use (MFX_IMPL_HARDWARE_ANY | MFX_IMPL_VIA_D3D9)  (which is a value of 0x0202), but you must also make sure you are allocating/using memory and objects from the correct "Intel" D3D device.

0 Kudos