Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

How to install intel media sdk on ubuntu ?

Cay
Beginner

I ran into trouble for installing intel media sdk ,I really hope someone can teach me to install it. I had installed it for many times ,but all failed .If someone could tell me the  installing steps ,I will appreciate !

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Cay,

Sorry for the late response, which Ubuntu version are you planned to install Media SDK?

You can get the latest release from Media SDK release page:

https://github.com/Intel-Media-SDK/MediaSDK/releases

You can download the tar.gz package, it should be ready to install by installation script.

For other getting start process, you can refer to the following wiki page.

https://github.com/intel-media-sdk/mediasdk/wiki

Let me know if this solved your question.

Mark

0 Kudos
Luis_at_Intel

Hi @Cay 

In addition to what Mark suggested, what errors are you getting when installing the Software? Perhaps we can help you with specific errors you are getting when following some of the steps shared by Mark. I am sure we can help.

Regards,

Luis

0 Kudos
ozzaman_GO
Beginner

Hi,

Is there any installation script likewise you presented in older versions of Media SDK for the latest version 22.5.4 ?

I mean like a command

sudo bash ./install_media.sh

Thank you in advance for your response

Gökhan

0 Kudos
Ellis321
Beginner

1. Download the latest version of Intel Media SDK for Linux from the official website.

2. Extract the contents of the downloaded file to a desired location on your Ubuntu machine.

3. Open a terminal and navigate to the extracted directory.

4. Run the following command to install the prerequisites:

sudo apt-get install libdrm-dev libva-dev libudev-dev libpciaccess-dev libpciaccess0 i965-va-driver libva-intel-vaapi-driver vainfo
  1. Run the following command to install the Intel Media SDK:
sudo ./install_media.sh
  1. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.

2. Once the installation is complete, set the following environment variables:

export LIBVA_DRIVERS_PATH=/opt/intel/mediasdk/lib64 export LIBVA_DRIVER_NAME=iHD

You may also need to update the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable to include the Intel Media SDK libraries. You can do this by adding the following line to your ~/.bashrc file:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/opt/intel/mediasdk/lib64

Save the file and restart your terminal or run the following command to update the environment variables:

source ~/.bashrc

That's it! You should now have the Intel Media SDK installed and ready to use on your Ubuntu machine.

0 Kudos