Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

How to set the brightness in sample_vpp

seven_w_
Beginner

I want to change the brightness in the sample_vpp, but it does't work.  the operation is as follows:

[root@localhost debug]# ./sample_vpp_drm -scc nv12 -dcc nv12 -pa_bri -100 -i bus_cif.yuv -o bus_cif_output.yuv

and my system informations as follow:

CPU: 4  Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz

GPU: 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 06)

Operating System:CentOS Linux release 7.0.1406 (Core)

Kernel information : Linux version 3.10.0-123.9.3.29404.MSSr3.el7.x86_64

Software Products:  Intel Media Server Studio Essentials 2015 and SDK API version is 1.13

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Bjoern_B_Intel
Employee

Hi Sven,

I can reproduce the same issue even on the windows version of the sample. I am going to escalate it so it can get fixed.

What we see is the following:

C:\MyProjects\mdp_msdk-samples\samples\_build\x64\Release>sample_vpp.exe -scc nv12 -dcc nv12 -pa_bri -100.0 -i bus_cif.yuv -o out.yuv

Return on error: error code 1,  src\sample_vpp.cpp      179

The way you can fix this easily is by just adding the following parameters to your command line, specifying the width and height of the input video:

-sw 352 -sh 288

While input video width and height is same as default values, it somehow got not properly set or overwritten (debugging is in progress).

Thanks for letting us know. I will inform you when this issue is fixed.

Best,

Bjoern

0 Kudos
seven_w_
Beginner

Hi Bjoern,

Sorry, I don't think I've described my problem. My problem is:

I want to change the brightness in the sample_vpp and use the following ./sample_vpp_drm -scc nv12 -dcc nv12 -pa_bri -100.0 -i bus_cif.yuv -o bus_cif_output.yuv, It works ok, but the result of the bus_cif.yuv brightness  is not changed.

Thanks!

Best,

seven

0 Kudos
Bjoern_B_Intel
Employee

Hi Seven,

As we are supporting latest Intel® Media Server Studio 2015 R6/R7 version only, can you please update your system to use CentOS 7.1 and the latest Media Server Studio version from here. We have made several fixes in VPP which you might be affected by.

Please also check the release notes here to ensure your platform is supported.

Attached an image of how your video should look like.

Best,

Bjoern

0 Kudos
Bjoern_B_Intel
Employee

Hi Seven,

I overlooked something very important: ProcAmp Features like changing the the brightness is a Windows feature only and did not make it to the Linux server world yet. This is a known gap we have, unfortunately not clearly mentioned in this VPP sample. We need to add proper documentation here.

Sorry for the extra cycle we had to go.

Best,

Bjoern

0 Kudos
Mohnish_J_
Beginner

Hi Bjoern,

I also need to have the ProcAmp features: brightness, hue, contrast and saturation on LInux OS for a demo. I am using Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770R CPU @ 3.20GHz, which has Iris Pro Graphics 5200, Linux OS 3.10.0-229.1.2.39163.MSSr4.el7.centos.x86_64,  Media Server Studio Essentials 2015 R6 API version 1.16 for my development. I tried implementing the feature but it did not work.

Please let me know what are the plans for this to be integrated on Linux? Is there an alternate way of supporting these features on Linux in an IMSDK application?

Thanks,

Mohnish

0 Kudos
Bjoern_B_Intel
Employee

Question handled offline via email.

Best,

Bjoern

0 Kudos