Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

How to support 3-screen output?

lonely_hearts_club

Hi,

I was using a sandy-bridge i5 and it seemed only support 2 screen output.  So I tried to insert an independent graphic card which supports 3-screen output. But the hw acceleration for h.264 encoding and decoding is not capable if I use the independent graphic card. How to solve it?

-Best Regards!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Anthony_P_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Intel's HW acceleration for encoding (Quick Sync Video) is a feature of Intel's display adapter device (GPU).  Any application requesting Intel acceleration needs make sure it is configured to make use of Intel's device ( driver and hardware ) and not the independent (descrete) graphics card.  Please see the Intel Media SDK Developer Guide  (https://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/article/265550/intel-mediasdk-2013-developers-guide.pdf) section 4.17 for information about handling multiple graphics adapters.

-Tony

0 Kudos