Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

How to use SDK to set display mode to 2x2 ?

RSun20
Beginner

Hi,

We met a question is about combine mode.

Environment : Tiger Lake

Display specification : The chipset can support 4 monitor output.

Intel Media Center tool has support  Clone, Extend and Combine mode for Muti-Display.

Question : Due to Combine mode only can select 4 (Monitors) x 1(Column) or 1(Row) x 4(Monitors)

How to use Intel Media SDK to set the Combine mode can support 2(Monitors) x 2(Row) for one Media content ?

BR,

Richard 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel forums.

We will check on this internally and let you know.

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Richard,

I believe you are asking about rendering. Media SDK enables the hardware codec in the TigerLake integrated GPU to help the video processing; however, how to render the codec output is a rendering problem and this should be support by OS.

Can you specify what are you asking?

It would be better if you can post the platform hardware configuration, sometimes the platform also have discrete GPU which could make things complicated.

Mark

0 Kudos
RSun20
Beginner

Hi Mark,

Platform : Intel Tiger Lake chipset, use internal GPU, no discrete GPU on it.

Output : 4 HDMI output

Drive : Intel PV version.

Display output setting : Intel Graphics Command Center

Backgroud :

Due to Intel Graphics Command Center has support Combine mode (2~4 monitor combine to one display, like video wall) for display, But there only have 1 Rowx 4 Monitors or 1Colume x 4Monitors select items.

Question :

According customer request 4 HDMI output can combine to 2x2 display output,  not only 1Row or 1Colume selection.

Intel Media SDK document, there can set output to display, but there has no detail information or command, how to set it can solve our problem ?

Best Regards,

Richard 04/15/2021

0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Richard,

So are you asking how to use Media SDK to assign the output to 4 different output with HDMI?

I think this is out of our scope, Media SDK core function doesn't support rendering. We have rendering features in our sample, but it is for feature and performance purpose.

If you read the following document, it is not about rendering and not related to your question:

https://github.com/Intel-Media-SDK/MediaSDK/blob/master/doc/mediasdk-man.md#appendix-d-switchable-graphics-and-multiple-monitors

If you want to create a video wall, you can use our sample to create a video wall, here is an article that might help you:

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/how-to-create-video-wall-with-msdk-sample-multi-transcode.html

There is also a recently thread discuss about this:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Media-Intel-oneAPI-Video/sample-multi-transcode-failed-on-windows-MFX-ERR-MEMORY-ALLOC/m-p/1254689

Hope this helps.

Mark

0 Kudos
RSun20
Beginner

Hi Mark,

I am meaning the same video or picture output to 2row x 2colume mode with 4 HDMI Monitor.

Best Regards,

Richard 04/15/2021

sample picture  :  Can it output to 4 HDMI monitor and follow the blue number sequence ?

擷取.JPG

0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

Thanks Richard,

This is the first time I am aware of this mode, apology for the extra time to understand.

But this is basically still the rendering problem and out of the scope of Media SDK. For our sample code, we does have the rendering function by simply using the DirectX APIs. You can check how to use it in our sample.

https://github.com/Intel-Media-SDK/MediaSDK/tree/master/samples/sample_decode

Did you try this sample yet? I am assuming you must be in Windows to enable this mode.

Mark

0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Richard,

For the function you requested, what I meant is, this is a graphic function and you can find it in Windows development platform, this is why Media SDK didn't duplicate the effort.

Our sample do demo the multiple video as video wall, which you can find in the sample_multi_transcode, there is a discuss on how to use the par file to rendering the multiple video stream. You can use these as reference.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Mark

0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Richard,

I will stop monitoring this request, it is not closed but if you want to get immediate attention, you'd better to a new post if you want to continue with this topic with me.

Mark Liu

0 Kudos