Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

How to use intel media sdk h264 decoder at rtsp filter (GraphEdit)

Joe_L_
Beginner

How to use intel media sdk h264 decoder at rtsp filter ?
use tools is : GraphEdit
i use someone rtsp filter output h264(1080p),
want use intel media sdk h264 decoder,but it can't use!
if use ffdshow video decoder,can run but video lag.
Excuse me for my bad English.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi Joe, 

Please refer to this article which provides steps and simplified ways to add intel mediasdk decoder filters in graphedit. Using the steps in article can be used to validate basic features of the SDK such as low latency and dynamic bit rate control. Hope this is the information you are looking for. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Joe_L_
Beginner

Hi Harsh,
Thank You!
I solved the problem.
but, add a new question, Intel Media SDK H264 Decoder Output is NV12
I need connect VMR7!
how change Decoder output nv12 to rgb?
I tried download Decoder Sample Code it but can't run!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Joe_L_
Beginner

Hi Harsh,
Thank You!
I solved the problem.
but, add a new question, Intel Media SDK H264 Decoder Output is NV12
I need connect VMR7!
how change Decoder output nv12 to rgb?
I tried download Decoder Sample Code it but can't run!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hello again,

Glad the issue was resolved.

Now, in regarding to Intel Media SDK H264 Decoder Output is NV12 -> Please take a look at  sample_decvpp, which can help output directly in rgb format after decoding. We also have a tutorial simple_6_decode_vpp_postproc which can help achieve the nv12->rgb conversion here

Also, please create a new thread for new question, so it will easier for us to track on our end. Hope the above sample provide answer to your question.

Thanks, 

0 Kudos
JIQUN_S_
Beginner

Hi Joe:

I have installed the Intel Media SDK, but I can't find these filters in GraphEdt. You said you used these filters in GraphEdt. Could you please tell me how to do it? I have read the Intel's documents but have no idea.

My email address is: songjiqun@gmail.com

Appreciate for your help.

J Song

0 Kudos
Shaojuan_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi JiQun,

Regarding add filters in Graphedit, please refer to this thread https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/584020 for more information. Thanks!

0 Kudos