Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

How to use the vignette correction of Intel Media Accelerator

chae_h_
Beginner

Hi, I am Chae.

I am reading the sample_camera code of Intel Media SDK sample.

I want to operate vignette correction of Raw Accelerator.

but when I use vignette correction of sample_camera.cpp, VignetteMaskFile is required for using the correction.

So, I want to know what is Foramt of VignetteMaskFile and receive the sample MaskFile.

thank u.

FILE *maskFile;

/* Load vignette mask from file */
    MSDK_FOPEN(maskFile, pParams->strVignetteMaskFile, MSDK_STRING("rb"));
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Chae,

I checked the samples and document and I didn't find anywhere it specify this file and I will ask.

In the meantime, you can check the following code to reverse engineer the file format, it should be simple and I think it should use the common Vignette Mask file by the popular photo tools.

https://github.com/Intel-Media-SDK/samples/blob/master/samples/sample_camera/src/pipeline_camera.cpp#L1078

At the line 1078 the function CCameraPipeline::AllocAndInitVignetteCorrection() is the Vignette Mask file parsing logic.

Mark

0 Kudos
chae_h_
Beginner

Hi, Liu. 
​Thank u for your answer.

​I have to create mask file myself?
and then, I must create a mask file by using popular photo tools? (ex. photoshop etc..)

0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Chae,

I think you have to create your own, but I can ask.

Here is the file format I got:

For sample_camera input is bayer format (rg16, bg16, ..), output is .bmp (by default)

Let me know if you have questions.

Mark

0 Kudos
chae_h_
Beginner

Hi Liu.

​Vignette correction mask must have 4channel(R, Gr, Gb, B) and 2Bytes(integer, mantissa) each channel..

​So mask file is RAW format?

0 Kudos