Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

I need H.264, H.265 encoding performance and quality test results.

SeongHun_P_
Beginner
Good Day.

1. H.264(AVC) and H.265(HEVC) encoding Linux/Windows performance banchmark comparison result?

2. H.264(AVC) and H.265(HEVC) encoding Linux/Windows performance and quality test results by media server studio version?

Thank you..
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi SeongHun,

Sorry for the late response.

Intel is very strict to publish any performance and benchmark data, it would be mis-guided and confused if we do it. So it would be helpful if you can be specific the performance you are interested, for example, hardware, OS, framework, content videos, expected performance, this way I can answer yes or no at least.

You can also refer to the published data in the following page:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-media-server-studio

https://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/managed/85/7c/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E3-1500-v5-Performance-May-2016.pdf

Let me know if these help.

Mark

0 Kudos
SeongHun_P_
Beginner
Thank you for your reply.

I am wondering if there is a performance difference in Linux vs Windows encoding on the same hardware.

And I wonder how the MSS 2018 version outperformed the 2017.

Thank you..
0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

Yes, in general, the code should run faster on Linux than on Windows.

And you are right, MSS 2018 should run faster than 2017 in some cases for bug fixing and new features introduced.

Mark 

0 Kudos
SeongHun_P_
Beginner
Thank you for your reply.

In general, does the code run a few percent faster on Linux than on Windows?
Is there a performance result document?

thank you..
0 Kudos