Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

IMSDK 2017 sample applications fails in initialization

Thushara_Jayakumar

Hi ,

I have installed IMSDK 2017 in my Intel Apollo Lake platform. When I am trying to run the media sdk sample application using the prebuilt binaries, I am getting the following error:

[ERROR], sts=MFX_ERR_MEMORY_ALLOC(-4), CreateAllocator, CreateHWDevice failed at /home/lab_msdk/buildAgentDir/buildAgent_MediaSDK1/git/mdp_msdk-samples/samples/sample_decode/src/pipeline_decode.cpp:1195

[ERROR], sts=MFX_ERR_MEMORY_ALLOC(-4), Init, CreateAllocator failed at /home/lab_msdk/buildAgentDir/buildAgent_MediaSDK1/git/mdp_msdk-samples/samples/sample_decode/src/pipeline_decode.cpp:405

[ERROR], sts=MFX_ERR_MEMORY_ALLOC(-4), main, Pipeline.Init failed at /home/lab_msdk/buildAgentDir/buildAgent_MediaSDK1/git/mdp_msdk-samples/samples/sample_decode/src/sample_decode.cpp:666

I have tried to run the following command:

/opt/intel/mediasdk/samples/_bin/x64/sample_decode h264 -i in.264 -o out.yuv

SDK and sample applications details are as below:

SDK, version 7.0.16073598
Samples, version 7.0.16073598

VA-API version 0.99.0

Please let me know if I am missing something here.

Regards,

Thushara Jayakumar

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Thushara_Jayakumar

Hi,

I was able to fix this issue. In my image the iHD_drv_video.so library was present in /usr/lib. As the va_openDriver()  tries to locate this library in  /usr/lib/media-libva/ (which is the LIBVA_DRIVERS_PATH env set), it was failing.

Now I am able to execute the binary properly

Regards,

Thushara

0 Kudos