Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

IMSDK Linux - H264 4K support

bbright
Beginner

Hi,

Is there any plan to support true 4K H264 encoding and decoding in the IMSDK Linux ?

Regards,

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

For R3, the maximum supported resolution for H264 encode and decode is 4096x2304, which covers many of the most common 4k formats/aspect ratios. By "true 4k", do you mean  4k Ultra High Definition (4096x2560) or something higher?

Regards,

Jeff

0 Kudos
bbright
Beginner

Hi,

The link Intel gave me a few days ago to download IMSDK for Linux Servers points to R2 (Version 4.0.1602356.62938). And in the Release Notes document, I can read that h264 decoder/encoder maximum supported resolution is 1920x1088.

I guess that I'll have to upgrade to R3 to encode/decode 4K (4096x2304 is fine). So.. How do I do that ?

Regards,

0 Kudos
bbright
Beginner

Hi,

I finally managed to download R3beta1. When does a stable release will be available for download ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

It should be available soon -- within a few days.  Please watch for an announcement here when it is ready for download.

0 Kudos
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

Media SDK 2013 R3 for Linux Servers is now available for download.  For more info on new features see here.

0 Kudos