Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

INDE MSDK cannot dynamically load

jiguan_c_
Beginner

The hardware:E31285V3

The syestem:win7

The INDE Version:w_inde_2015.1.021.exe

The driver :4223(20140522)

INDE MSDK  dynamically load as  follow:

hmMSDK  = LoadLibrary("libmfxhw32.dll");
 int n  = GetLastError();
 if (NULL ==  hMSDK)
 {
  return MFX_ERR_UNKNOWN;
 }

The results is thar "hmMSDK = 00000;n = 126"

The mean of 126 is that can't find the specified module。

My problem:

The Inde MSDK can't  load dynamically? My methods are wrong?How to load ?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi Jiguan,

The error "hmMSDK = 00000;n = 126" looks like it is not able to find libmfxhw32.dll. Please confirm if the lib is located locally in the folder. Usually the path to file is located at ("C:\Program Files\Intel\Media SDK\") and we do not recommend this method of attaching a library. Not sure why you are using this method because with every new driver release, we provide new dlls and with this usecase you will have to build app again with new dlls when new drivers are available, which can become an overhead.

The recomended way is to Media SDK dispatcher as its part of MSDK architecture, between an application and platform specific libraries. At runtime, when the application initializes a session, the Dispatcher locates the appropriate platform-specific library, and redirects subsequent function calls to the same functions in it. Please take a look at manual:https://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/managed/bc/ba/mediasdk-distrib.pdf, which provides details on library distribution and dispatching process. Let me know any further questions.

Thanks,

0 Kudos