Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

INDE (Media SDK) / Media Server Studio - what do i need

Ralf_K_
Beginner

I want to develop a DLL which use Intel Media functionality that will be used on

Windows 7 / 8 / 10

and

Windows Server 2008 / 2012 

I'm a little bit confused about the Intel products targeting media ...

Is it possible to compile one DLL that i can use on all these Microsoft systems, or is it necessary to develop a DLL for 7/8/10 and a separate DLL for the server systems?

I want to decode and encode H264 / H265 and i want to do some video processing with OpenCL

Want do I need?

Thanks for your support

Ralf

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Shaojuan_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Ralf,

If you are developing h265 encoder and decoder application, you will need Media Server Studio (MSS) professional edition. It supports both Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012. Please find more details in the release notes here http://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/managed/5e/78/media_server_studio_essentials_release_notes_windows.pdf. MSS professional supports both software and GPU accelerated (gacc, or hybrid) implementation for h265. If you are only developing h265 decoder application, you can use MSS essential edition or Media SDK in INDE.

Thanks!

0 Kudos