Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

INDE Media Video Capturing for Unity 5

Marko_T_
Beginner

Hey,

I have used the "Intel® INDE Media for Mobile Tutorials - Video Capturing for Unity3d" tutorial to succesfully capture video in an Unity 4.6 app for Android, but now that I've upgraded to Unity 5 it records corrupted video. The recorded video just shows a still picture of pixelated colors. I could use some tips on how could I implement this video recording capability in Unity 5. Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Ilya_Aleshkov
Beginner

Hi Marko!

Thank you for your feedback! I've already fixed this issue. Now I'm updating my tutorial. Stay tuned. I'll leave a message in this thread.

Would you please provide some details about your app? It will be useful for our team. Feel free to contact me directly via ilya.aleshkov@intel.com

0 Kudos
Ilya_Aleshkov
Beginner

Hi Marko!

I've updated this tutorial. Now You can use it with the latest version of Unity 5. Enjoy!

0 Kudos
Marko_T_
Beginner

Thank you for updating the tutorial! It works well now in Unity 5 too.

0 Kudos
hizral_l_
Beginner

Hello, 

Trying to try this tutorial, but stuck at "Download and install Intel INDE", I go the the side and I found no donwload button for the intel INDE, and when i go to the "download and install the Media for Mobile" it say that "This feature was a part of Intel® Integrated Native Development Experience (Intel® INDE) which is currently unavailable. We apologize for any inconvenience."

Is there any workaround to follow this tutorial?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi Hizral, 

Intel® Integrated Native Development Experience (Intel® INDE) is no longer available and also the Media for Mobile product which was part of INDE suite. But, please share your email via" private message" and I can share stand alone Media for mobile binaries required to run the tutorial.

Thanks,  

0 Kudos
satya_s_
Beginner

hi to the people of Intel inde

Recently i heard while browsing blogs forums that Intel inde is used for the game video capturing purpose , i am using unity 5.4 

also heard that Intel® Integrated Native Development Experience (Intel® INDE) is no longer available , is there any other support for getting my game video capturing support.

0 Kudos
Johan_P_
Beginner

Hi can you send Intel® Integrated Native Development Experience (Intel® INDE) to my email? nasa_science@hotmail.com? I tried the tutorial to implement it into unity 5 but with no success as I get a corrupted file 0kb. I got the dlls searching from google. Probably that's the reason of the problem. 

I will be very happy if you can send me the Intel® Integrated Native Development Experience (Intel® INDE) :)

Thanks

Kind Regards

Johan Pérez

0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Johan,

Sorry to let you know and Intel does not support INDE any more, although we still support most of the product in the INDE as a separate package, you can still download them individually.

Let me know anything else I can help.

Mark

0 Kudos
Alexey_S_
Beginner

Is there any way to do it in Unity on iOs?

It's strange i can't find much info on iOs version, and no iOs sample on GitHub, although they supposed to be there.

0 Kudos