Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

[INDE Media for Mobile - android] Incorrect video orientation if using front camera with portrait activity

winsey_l_
Beginner

Hello,

I am currently using the SDK of Intel INDE Media for Mobile (https://github.com/INDExOS/media-for-mobile) in my Android application project.

It works fine in landscape after embedded in my android project. But, since my application requires to stream live video in portrait, I update the activity orientation to portrait. It works fine with the back camera. But when it switches to use the front camera, the live video streamed to server would be upside down.

I tried to solved this issue by calling setOrientation(180) on preview object. But it would also affect the capture object and the preview would be upside down while the live video becoming correct.

Please advice. Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
WS Li

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi Winsey,

Thank you for bring this issue to our attention. This issue is due to Media for mobile android library and is one of the known issues causing live video streaming to server vertically flipped. This is known bug. I will get back once we have any updates soon. I have also emailed you on this issue. Please reply directly to the email, if any further questions.

Thanks, 

0 Kudos
Jonathan_P_1
Beginner

Hi,

I'm facing the same problem than Winsey: when recording with the front camera, the preview is in the good orientation but when I watch the recorded video, the image is vertically flipped. Have you found any solution since last time?

Thanks for your help,

Jonathan

0 Kudos