Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Image distortion using the vpp conversion

Tarta_R_
Beginner

Hello,

I am currently working on a project using the Intel Media SDK; when I worked on the conversion from RGB to NV12, the encoding works really good and fast, but there is a huge distortion in the resulted image, I am not sure whether this is due to the vpp conversion or to the encoding, but I assume it's due to the vpp conversion; although I compared my code against the code samples in the Media SDK, I haven't found any difference.

Please take a look at the video I uploaded to have an idea about the problem.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Tarta_R_
Beginner
I noticed that there is no much help and support for the Intel Media SDK, and even the documentation about it is very shallow. So I decided to enrich this by answering the question I already asked; what I was doing is that I specified the RGB format for both the input surface and the output surface as well, and that's what caused the image distortion, so to fix that, specify the RGB format for the input and the NV12 format for the output. NV12 if your output stream is H264 or the corresponding output.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Tarta_R_
Beginner
I noticed that there is no much help and support for the Intel Media SDK, and even the documentation about it is very shallow. So I decided to enrich this by answering the question I already asked; what I was doing is that I specified the RGB format for both the input surface and the output surface as well, and that's what caused the image distortion, so to fix that, specify the RGB format for the input and the NV12 format for the output. NV12 if your output stream is H264 or the corresponding output.
0 Kudos