Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Incorrect SEI order in H.264/AVC Encoding

Prashanth_D_
Beginner

Hi,

I'm trying to add user_data_registered_itu_t35 SEI messages during H.264 encoding (High Profile with B pictures). Both SEI messages and input stream is fed to the encoder in display order (default). Although, encoder produces proper bitstream in encode order (reordered with B pictures), SEI messages are still produced in display order, i.e. SEI messages are incorrectly associated.

It works fine if encode bitstream doesn't contain any B pictures, i.e. encoder order=display order.

I am using Media Server Studio 2015 R6 on a CentOS Linux machine with GPU acceleration.

This seems like a similar issue which has been discussed already couple of years back, here. But, I wanted to know has this issue got fixed in later versions of Media SDK? Or does the situation remain still same?

Regards,

Prashanth

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Prashanth,

Sorry for the late response, Do you still have this issue?

In the post you referred, it looks to me that the problem is how to program SEI to let it in a expected order but not a bug. Anyway, let's focus on your question, do you have any specific data to share?

Mark

0 Kudos
Prashanth_D_
Beginner

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the response. Yes, I am still facing the problem and it is not yet resolved. We are currently working directly with our Intel contact for this issue and I have shared all the data with them. Hopefully, I should have some update soon.

Regards,

Prashanth

0 Kudos