Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Initialization of VPP Fail (Return error -17)

gparag1983
Beginner

Hello,

In my existing application, I update Intel Media SDK from version Media SDK 2013 R2 to version Media SDK 2014 R2 for Clients. I also updated Intel IQSV Graphic driver.

But with this Media SDK, my application as well sample_encode application  fails during VPP initialization.

In both the applications m_pmfxVPP->Init(&m_mfxVppParams); return value -17 (MFX_ERR_DEVICE_FAILED).

I think there is problem in compatibility issue between  Intel Media SDK version and Graphic Driver.

Please suggest solution for resolve this issue.

I attach my system analyzer report also.

Thanking You.

Regards

Parag Gandhi

0 Kudos
20 Replies
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Parag, 

Thanks for sending the complete information. Any new releases of Media SDK and graphic drivers are backward compatible, you shouldn't see failure due to that. VPP initialization error is because HW is not supported and that is because of two active graphic devices(assuming your application is using Media SDK hw implementation).

Can you please make sure you have Intel Integrated graphics as an active device, don't know if your application needs AMD graphic device too? If not, then please turn it off or if your application does require that then please change the IMPL in your application to Intel hardware. For details what to select, please check pg 175 of the Media SDK manual 

Please send us the tracer logs if this issue still persist.

Thanks,
Surbhi

0 Kudos
Mohnish_J_
Beginner

Hi Surbhi,

I am also observing similar error, i.e. mfxVPP.Init failing with MFX_ERR_DEVICE_FAILED. The machine is Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4250U CPU @ 1.30GHz and has only one active graphic device :Intel HD graphics 5000 card. I am not sure whether this supports VPP or not. The error occurs when I test in hardware implementation of IMSDK with system memory surfaces. What all things this error can imply? 

I tried with Video memory surfaces also, but my alloc function fails and application gives the below error:“./simple_vpp_vmem: relocation error: ./simple_vpp_vmem: symbol vaCreateSurfaces, version VA_API_0.33.0 not defined in file libva.so.1 with link time reference”. I am not sure about this and seems to be some compatibility issue. Please let me know if this can be related to the first issue.

My final use-case is to have a sample application with 4x video overlay. This application works fine on a different machine which has Intel Pro Iris 5200 but fails on the aforementioned machine. Also another observation is that on both machines if I try software implementation, the mfxVPP.Init fails with MFX_ERR_INVALID_VIDEO_PARAM. Why the same application would not work in software implementation?

Please help me with the same since we plan to show a demo on the first machine with Intel HD graphics 5000. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Mohnish, 

Let me try to handle each of your concerns separately so that we don't miss any issue here. To start with can you let us know what Media Server Studio version you are using , what is the OS you have installed on you system machine, are you using any existing samples for your VPP scenarios? If using samples, can you please exactly copy paste your cmd line here along with the o/p so I know what are your test scenarios are and what error you are seeing? Has any sample applications or tutorials worked on your system?
The HW you have mentioned above definitely supports hw acceleration and VPP filters. 

You can refer to this post(https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-media-sdk/topic/531083) to check how can you provide maximum information in your first post. 

Thanks,
Surbhi

0 Kudos
Mohnish_J_
Beginner

Thanks Surbhi for the quick response. Please find the details below:

I have two machines:

1. Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770R CPU @ 3.20GHz, which has Iris Pro Graphics 5200, Linux OS 3.10.0-229.1.2.39163.MSSr4.el7.centos.x86_64,  Media Server Studio Essentials 2015 R6 API version 1.16.

2. Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4250U CPU @ 1.30GHz, which has Intel HD Graphics 5000, Linux OS NUC 3.14.5, Media Server Studio Essentials 2015 R5 API version 1.15.

I am using three sample applications for my development and testing: simple_vppsimple_vpp_vmem ( from mediasdk-tutorials-0.0.3) and sample_vpp_drm (from MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043175.175). Taking these applications as reference I have created one more application which does 4x overlay of NV12 streams: overlay_vpp_hw.

Queries:

1. I have successfully tested the sample applications simple_vpp and simple_vpp_vmem on machine #1. Please find the outputs below:

TEST1:

./simple_vpp -hw -g 1920x1080 test2.yuv out.yuv
libva info: VA-API version 0.35.0
libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva info: User requested driver 'iHD'
libva info: Trying to open /opt/intel/mediasdk/lib64/iHD_drv_video.so
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_0_32
libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
Frame number: 59
Execution time: 0.79 s (74.35 fps)

TEST2:

[root@is01gigbyt03 _build]# ./simple_vpp -sw -g 1920x1080 test2.yuv out.yuv
Execution time: 3.08 s (19.16 fps)

TEST3:

[root@is01gigbyt03 _build]# ./simple_vpp_vmem -sw -g 1920x1080 test2.yuv out.yuv
Execution time: 7.09 s (8.32 fps)

TEST4:

[root@is01gigbyt03 _build]# ./simple_vpp_vmem -hw -g 1920x1080 test2.yuv out.yuv
Execution time: 3.68 s (16.02 fps)

On machine #2, I get error when I opt for hardware implementation. Please find the outputs below:

TEST5:

~/sample_apps/mediasdk-tutorials-0.0.3/_build$ sudo ./simple_vpp -sw -g 1920x1080 test2.yuv out.yuv
libva info: Trying to open /usr/local/lib/dri/i965_drv_video.so
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_0_35
Execution time: 3.14 s (18.78 fps)

TEST6:

~/sample_apps/mediasdk-tutorials-0.0.3/_build$ sudo ./simple_vpp -hw -g 1920x1080 test2.yuv out.yuv

Device operation failure. src/simple_vpp.cpp 205

TEST7:

mms@NUC:~/sample_apps/mediasdk-tutorials-0.0.3/_build$ sudo ./simple_vpp_vmem -sw -g 1920x1080 test2.yuv out.yuv
./simple_vpp_vmem: relocation error: ./simple_vpp_vmem: symbol vaCreateSurfaces, version VA_API_0.33.0 not defined in file libva.so.1 with link time reference

TEST8:

mms@NUC:~/sample_apps/mediasdk-tutorials-0.0.3/_build$ sudo ./simple_vpp_vmem -hw -g 1920x1080 test2.yuv out.yuv
./simple_vpp_vmem: relocation error: ./simple_vpp_vmem: symbol vaCreateSurfaces, version VA_API_0.33.0 not defined in file libva.so.1 with link time reference

2. This is related to video composition feature of VPP. For this I am using sample_vpp_drm (prebuilt binary). This application fails on both the machines in software implementation. Please find the output below for more details:

Machine #1:

TEST9: 

./sample_vpp_drm -lib hw -scc nv12 -dcc nv12 -composite abc.par -o out1.yuv
VPP Sample Version 6.0.16043175.175

Input format    NV12
Resolution      1920x1088
Crop X,Y,W,H    0,0,1920,1080
Frame rate      30.00
PicStruct       progressive
Output format   NV12
Resolution      1920x1088
Crop X,Y,W,H    0,0,1920,1080
Frame rate      30.00
PicStruct       progressive

Video Enhancement Algorithms
Denoise         OFF
VideoAnalysis   OFF
ProcAmp         OFF
Detail          OFF
ImgStab         OFF

Memory type     system

MediaSDK impl   hw
MediaSDK ver    1.16

VPP started
Frame number: 64
VPP finished

TEST10:

[root@is01gigbyt03 sample_apps]# ./sample_vpp_drm -lib sw -scc nv12 -dcc nv12 -composite abc.par -o out1.yuv

Return on error: error code -15,        /home/lab_msdk/buildAgentDir/buildAgent_MediaSDK3/git/mdp_msdk-samples/samples/sample_vpp/src/sample_vpp_utils.cpp    368

Return on error: error code -15,        /home/lab_msdk/buildAgentDir/buildAgent_MediaSDK3/git/mdp_msdk-samples/samples/sample_vpp/src/sample_vpp_utils.cpp    568

Return on error: error code 1,  /home/lab_msdk/buildAgentDir/buildAgent_MediaSDK3/git/mdp_msdk-samples/samples/sample_vpp/src/sample_vpp.cpp  189

Machine #2:

TEST11:

mms@NUC:~/sample_apps$ sudo ./sample_vpp_drm -lib hw -scc nv12 -dcc nv12 -composite abc.par -o out1.yuv

Return on error: error code -17,        /home/lab_msdk/buildAgentDir/buildAgent_MediaSDK3/git/mdp_msdk-samples/samples/sample_vpp/src/sample_vpp_utils.cpp  368

Return on error: error code -17,        /home/lab_msdk/buildAgentDir/buildAgent_MediaSDK3/git/mdp_msdk-samples/samples/sample_vpp/src/sample_vpp_utils.cpp  568

Return on error: error code 1,  /home/lab_msdk/buildAgentDir/buildAgent_MediaSDK3/git/mdp_msdk-samples/samples/sample_vpp/src/sample_vpp.cpp    189

TEST12:

mms@NUC:~/sample_apps$ ./sample_vpp_drm -lib sw -scc nv12 -dcc nv12 -composite abc.par -o out1.yuv

Return on error: error code -15,        /home/lab_msdk/buildAgentDir/buildAgent_MediaSDK3/git/mdp_msdk-samples/samples/sample_vpp/src/sample_vpp_utils.cpp  368

Return on error: error code -15,        /home/lab_msdk/buildAgentDir/buildAgent_MediaSDK3/git/mdp_msdk-samples/samples/sample_vpp/src/sample_vpp_utils.cpp  568

Return on error: error code 1,  /home/lab_msdk/buildAgentDir/buildAgent_MediaSDK3/git/mdp_msdk-samples/samples/sample_vpp/src/sample_vpp.cpp    189

I hope my queries are clear now. Please let me know if you need any more information. Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Mohnish,

Okay, thanks for giving details of your issue. I believe you have two separate issues going on in your two systems so let's focus on them separately. 

Machine2 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4250U CPU @ 1.30GHz, which has Intel HD Graphics 5000, Linux OS NUC 3.14.5, Media Server Studio Essentials 2015 R5 API version 1.15. 

I believe there is an issue with the kernel installation here. It is trying to access i965 driver which it shouldn't in the case of hw. 
Instead it should try to open libva info: Trying to open /opt/intel/mediasdk/lib64/iHD_drv_video.so
Since we have to reinstall on machine2, i would suggest you to install  2015 R6 package on the machine2. 

Machine1 -  Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770R CPU @ 3.20GHz, which has Iris Pro Graphics 5200, Linux OS 3.10.0-229.1.2.39163.MSSr4.el7.centos.x86_64,  Media Server Studio Essentials 2015 R6 API version 1.16.

For machine 1 the only failure I see is the sample_vpp composition fail for sw library, I believe composition is not supported for the sw implementation. I have to check back with experts that if we agreed upon this decision or we have any plans to change this in future. I will update you on this soon. But if there are other issues you are seeing on machine#1 please let us know. Also, are you interested in sw implementation for composition or this is just a test you are running on your system while doing other test. 

Thanks,
Surbhi

0 Kudos
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Mohnish, 

I checked with the experts and have a confirmation that there is no sw support for VPP composition on windows and Linux. If you can give me some background that whether you need sw support for your application with a business reason, I can put this as a feature request (not confirmed what would be the timeline to add this feature). Feel free to send me a private message to discuss in case you need composition sw support. 

Thanks,
Surbhi

0 Kudos
Mohnish_J_
Beginner

For final deployment, I need hardware implementation for video composition, but software implementation also would be helpful for development.

I will get back to you on this.

I have few queries regarding re-installation on Machine #2. For installation, we have followed instructions as mentioned in ‘Generic steps’ of media_server_studio_getting_started_guide.pdf of R5 package.

Also, kernel (3.14.5 as mentioned in Generic steps) has been rebuilt and used for above experiments. With this rebuilt kernel only HW encode-decode sample applications are working on machine#2.

We need to know if it is just kernel installation issue or some paths are incorrectly set for loading shared libraries?

In Ubuntu, below paths are modified in /etc/environment file,

LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/lib;/usr/lib64"

LIBVA_DRIVER_NAME=iHD

LIBVA_DRIVERS_PATH=/opt/intel/mediasdk/lib64

Are above path updates sufficient on Ubuntu machine?

Also, after rebuilding kernel, do we have to rebuild graphics drivers, libva etc with this newly built kernel for successful loading of correct modules? Please provide your inputs on this.

0 Kudos
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Mohnish, 

The environment variables are right and are same as indicated in the getting started guide. If you have followed the steps from getting started guide and able to get hw encoding and decoding on machine#2 then there should be no reason it should fail for vpp. Can you provide me more information like
1. successful run of H264 HW encoding/decoding
2. check any vpp filter other than composition using sample_vpp 
3. o/p of lsmod | grep 'i915' 
4. o/p of uname -r 

Is it possible to either reinstall 2015 R5 or either upgrade to 2015 R6?

Thanks,
Surbhi

0 Kudos
Mohnish_J_
Beginner

Thanks a lot Surbhi for your support. We were able to test VPP on that machine. The issue was with respect to permissions. When it is run with root permissions, VPP works fine. I am not sure why decode and encode were working and VPP was not.

Thanks again for the great support.

0 Kudos
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Great! I hope you are able to get the Machine#1 to work as well. 
I am closing this issue, if you have any questions in the future please start a new thread.

Thanks,
Surbhi

0 Kudos
Rajarshi_H_
Beginner

Hi Surbhi,

I am facing similar issue as

"./sample_decode_x11: relocation error: ./sample_decode_x11: symbol vaCreateSurfaces, version VA_API_0.33.0 not defined in file libva.so.1 with link time reference"

I am able to compile the code of Media SDK Samples for Linux "R6", but while running the binary "sample_decode_x11", I am getting the above mentioned error.

Please find below the necessary information :

Env variables :

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/lib;/usr/lib64"
    export LIBVA_DRIVER_NAME=iHD
    export LIBVA_DRIVERS_PATH=/opt/intel/mediasdk/lib64
    export MFX_HOME=/opt/intel/mediasdk

Still getting the same error.

Kindly help.

Thanks in advance.

Br

Rajarshi Haldar

+91 9958767381

rajarshi.haldar@videonetics.com

0 Kudos
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Rajarshi, 

Can you provide your system and environment details like CPU, GPU, OS, Media Server Studio version and Media samples version? 
can you please provide o/p of cmd "uname -r"? Generally Media Server Studio packages come with precompiled binaries in the package, can you try them, check the _drm samples instead of x11. 
Were you successfully able to install Media Server Studio? Did you follow the Getting Started Guide to install?Please copy the o/p of cmd "lsmod | grep 'i915'"
Tip : Make sure you have root permissions to run samples and  also, make sure the user has been aded to video group. 

Thanks,
Surbhi

0 Kudos
Rajarshi_H_
Beginner

HI Surbhi,

Thanks for the prompt response.

Please find attached the responses of the command being asked :

Media Studio Version:  Community Version - MediaServerStudioEssentials2015R6

Media Sample Version : MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043138.138

CPU INFO :

root@rajarshi-videonetics:/home/rajarshi/INTEL_SDK/MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043138.138/samples# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor    : 0
vendor_id    : GenuineIntel
cpu family    : 6
model        : 61
model name    : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz
stepping    : 4
microcode    : 0x21
cpu MHz        : 2200.085
cache size    : 3072 KB
physical id    : 0
siblings    : 4
core id        : 0
cpu cores    : 2
apicid        : 0
initial apicid    : 0
fpu        : yes
fpu_exception    : yes
cpuid level    : 20
wp        : yes
flags        : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good nopl xtopology nonstop_tsc aperfmperf eagerfpu pni pclmulqdq dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 fma cx16 xtpr pdcm pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic movbe popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx f16c rdrand lahf_lm abm 3dnowprefetch ida arat epb pln pts dtherm tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid fsgsbase tsc_adjust bmi1 avx2 smep bmi2 erms invpcid rdseed adx smap xsaveopt
bugs        :
bogomips    : 4389.89
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment    : 64
address sizes    : 39 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management:

processor    : 1
cpu MHz        : 2200.000
core id        : 1
apicid        : 2
initial apicid    : 2
flags        : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good nopl xtopology nonstop_tsc aperfmperf eagerfpu pni pclmulqdq dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 fma cx16 xtpr pdcm pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic movbe popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx f16c rdrand lahf_lm abm 3dnowprefetch ida arat epb pln pts dtherm tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid fsgsbase tsc_adjust bmi1 avx2 smep bmi2 erms invpcid rdseed adx smap xsaveopt
bugs        :
power management:

processor    : 2
cpu MHz        : 2200.000
core id        : 0
apicid        : 1
initial apicid    : 1
bugs        :
power management:

processor    : 3
cpu MHz        : 2217.187
core id        : 1
apicid        : 3
initial apicid    : 3
bugs        :
power management:

GPU INFO

root@rajarshi-videonetics:/home/rajarshi/INTEL_SDK/MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043138.138/samples# lshw -numeric -C display
  *-display               
       description: VGA compatible controller
       product: Broadwell-U Integrated Graphics [8086:1616]
       vendor: Intel Corporation [8086]
       physical id: 2
       bus info: pci@0000:00:02.0
       version: 09
       width: 64 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: msi pm vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
       configuration: driver=i915 latency=0
       resources: irq:46 memory:d2000000-d2ffffff memory:c0000000-cfffffff ioport:7000(size=64)
root@rajarshi-videonetics:/home/rajarshi/INTEL_SDK/MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043138.138/samples# lspci -vnn | grep VGA -A 12
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Broadwell-U Integrated Graphics [8086:1616] (rev 09) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
    Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Device [103c:80c2]
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 46
    Memory at d2000000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
    Memory at c0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
    I/O ports at 7000 [size=64]
    Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled]
    Capabilities: [90] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit-
    Capabilities: [d0] Power Management version 2
    Capabilities: [a4] PCI Advanced Features
    Kernel driver in use: i915

00:03.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation Broadwell-U Audio Controller [8086:160c] (rev 09)

root@rajarshi-videonetics:/home/rajarshi/INTEL_SDK/MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043138.138/samples#
root@rajarshi-videonetics:/home/rajarshi/INTEL_SDK/MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043138.138/samples#
root@rajarshi-videonetics:/home/rajarshi/INTEL_SDK/MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043138.138/samples# uname -r
3.19.0-25-generic
root@rajarshi-videonetics:/home/rajarshi/INTEL_SDK/MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043138.138/samples# uname -a

Linux rajarshi-videonetics 3.19.0-25-generic #26~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jul 24 21:16:20 UTC 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

root@rajarshi-videonetics:/home/rajarshi/INTEL_SDK/MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043138.138/samples# lsmod | grep i915
i915                 1048576  5
drm_kms_helper        126976  2 i915,radeon
drm                   344064  9 ttm,i915,drm_kms_helper,radeon
i2c_algo_bit           16384  2 i915,radeon
video                  20480  1 i915

root@rajarshi-videonetics:/home/rajarshi/INTEL_SDK/MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043138.138/samples# su

As, you can see I am working with root privileges.

I have followed each and every step of this media installation guide, except the kernel level patching.Is it necessary to have a kernel level patching.

I am added to video group.Also, I am able to run the binaries that are already provided in the sample/_bin/x64 folder.Those binaries are working well and fine, but after compiling the source code the binaries generated in samples/__bin/ folder are returning this error.

Please let me know what all changes are required to run the binary after compilation.It will be very helpful if you can also explain me the reason for the error.

Br

Rajarshi

0 Kudos
Rajarshi_H_
Beginner

Hi Surbhi,

Please let me know the response for the last comment posted.

Regards,

Rajarshi

0 Kudos
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Rajarshi, 

As you mentioned, kernel patches haven't bee applied. Kernel patches are needed to use Media Server Studio. So, please follow all the steps of the getting started guide, reboot and login in to the MSS kernel. Another point did you check the software requirements of the samples? samples you are using is for R5 version, download latest sample version(R6) from here, compile and check with drm samples. Let us know if you run into any issues. 

Thanks,
Surbhi

0 Kudos
Rajarshi_H_
Beginner

Hi Surbhi,

Thanks for the response.

The media sample code version I was using was :MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043138.138, which you mentioned as version 5.

Shall I use this one : MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043175.175??

Regards,

Rajarshi

0 Kudos
Rajarshi_H_
Beginner

Hi Surbhi,

Also forgot to mention one point :

On opening the link for "R6", you provided it is giving as ACCESS DENIED.

Prior to this there was no such problem regarding login.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Rajarshi

0 Kudos
Rajarshi_H_1
Beginner

Hi Surbhi,

This time I have followed each and every steps but still it is not working.

The error can be removed by providing it the path of the library which has symbols but that creates new error.

I have applied the kernel patches too and have complied with each and every steps of the manual.

Please find the activity log :'

root@rajarshi-videonetics:/home/rajarshi/INTEL_SDK/SDK_R6/MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043175.175/samples/__bin#
root@rajarshi-videonetics:/home/rajarshi/INTEL_SDK/SDK_R6/MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043175.175/samples/__bin# clear
root@rajarshi-videonetics:/home/rajarshi/INTEL_SDK/SDK_R6/MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043175.175/samples/__bin# ./sample_decode_x11 h264 -i ../_bin/content/test_stream.264
./sample_decode_x11: relocation error: ./sample_decode_x11: symbol vaCreateSurfaces, version VA_API_0.33.0 not defined in file libva.so.1 with link time reference
root@rajarshi-videonetics:/home/rajarshi/INTEL_SDK/SDK_R6/MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043175.175/samples/__bin#
root@rajarshi-videonetics:/home/rajarshi/INTEL_SDK/SDK_R6/MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043175.175/samples/__bin# export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/lib;/usr/lib/^Csr/lib64"
root@rajarshi-videonetics:/home/rajarshi/INTEL_SDK/SDK_R6/MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043175.175/samples/__bin# ^C
root@rajarshi-videonetics:/home/rajarshi/INTEL_SDK/SDK_R6/MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043175.175/samples/__bin# ^C
root@rajarshi-videonetics:/home/rajarshi/INTEL_SDK/SDK_R6/MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043175.175/samples/__bin# loacate libva.so.1
No command 'loacate' found, did you mean:
 Command 'locate' from package 'mlocate' (main)
 Command 'locate' from package 'locate' (universe)
loacate: command not found
root@rajarshi-videonetics:/home/rajarshi/INTEL_SDK/SDK_R6/MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043175.175/samples/__bin# locate libva.so.1
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libva.so.1
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libva.so.1.3500.0
/usr/lib64/libva.so.1
/usr/lib64/libva.so.1.3500.0
root@rajarshi-videonetics:/home/rajarshi/INTEL_SDK/SDK_R6/MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043175.175/samples/__bin# export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/lib;/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu;/usr/lib64"
root@rajarshi-videonetics:/home/rajarshi/INTEL_SDK/SDK_R6/MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043175.175/samples/__bin# ./sample_decode_x11 h264 -i ../_bin/content/test_stream.264

Return on error: error code -3,    /home/rajarshi/INTEL_SDK/SDK_R6/MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043175.175/samples/sample_decode/src/pipeline_decode.cpp    200

Return on error: error code 1,    /home/rajarshi/INTEL_SDK/SDK_R6/MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043175.175/samples/sample_decode/src/sample_decode.cpp501

root@rajarshi-videonetics:/home/rajarshi/INTEL_SDK/SDK_R6/MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043175.175/samples/__bin# ./sample_decode_drm h264 -i ../_bin/content/test_stream.264

Return on error: error code -3,    /home/rajarshi/INTEL_SDK/SDK_R6/MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043175.175/samples/sample_decode/src/pipeline_decode.cpp    200

Return on error: error code 1,    /home/rajarshi/INTEL_SDK/SDK_R6/MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043175.175/samples/sample_decode/src/sample_decode.cpp501

root@rajarshi-videonetics:/home/rajarshi/INTEL_SDK/SDK_R6/MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043175.175/samples/__bin# export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/lib;/usr/lib64"
root@rajarshi-videonetics:/home/rajarshi/INTEL_SDK/SDK_R6/MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043175.175/samples/__bin# ./sample_decode_drm h264 -i ../_bin/content/test_stream.264
./sample_decode_drm: relocation error: ./sample_decode_drm: symbol vaCreateSurfaces, version VA_API_0.33.0 not defined in file libva.so.1 with link time reference

Kindly Help.

Regards

Rajarshi

0 Kudos
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

send you a private message, please respond there.
For other customers, will update this thread once we have a solution. 

0 Kudos
asd_a_
Beginner

Is there any solution yet?

0 Kudos