Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Installed MSDK 2013 - lost Quicksync ability...

karl_lillevold
Beginner

I just uninstalled MSDK 2013 R3 and installed MSDK 2013 on my Windows 7 box, and now I can no longer access Quicksync ... All flavors of Quicksync fail in MFXInit - even software. Verified with my own code, and DS decoders like LAVFilter.

Hardware ANY Quicksync is NOT available
Hardware Quicksync is NOT available
Software Quicksync is not available
ANY Quicksync is not available

Could somone point out the obvious mistake I must be doing?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
karl_lillevold
Beginner

Can't seem to edit first post in thread: I meant to write  "I just uninstalled MSDK 2012 R3"

0 Kudos
karl_lillevold
Beginner

Problem solved: I had looked at the files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Media SDK, thought they were part of an old Media SDK, so I removed them (backed up). Re-installed the latest graphics driver, noticed they were back. So now I have Quicksync back. Sorry, my mistake, don't mess with files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Media SDK, they are not really "SDK" files, but part of the HD Graphics driver install.

0 Kudos
Anthony_P_Intel
Employee

Glad to hear you found it.  Please let us know if you have any other issues/quetsions.

-Tony

0 Kudos