Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Installing Intel Media SDK on Linux Centos

satinder_s_1
Beginner

Hello,

This is Satinder singh.

I want to work on intel media sdk for increase the performance of my cpu. But I facing many problems when I am installing intel media sdk. I install CentOs 7.0 and then follow the documentation of sdk.

when I run sdk script that will sucessful. but after creating a directory in /MSS I run building script and then kernel rpm package. after thet I reboot my machine but I lost my UI interface and I run my machine in init 3 shell.

if any solution then please help

0 Kudos
4 Replies
satinder_s_1
Beginner

Hello,

This is Satinder singh.

I want to work on intel media sdk for increase the performance of my cpu. But I facing many problems when I am installing intel media sdk. I install CentOs 7.0 and then follow the documentation of sdk.

when I run sdk script that will sucessful. but after creating a directory in /MSS I run building script and then kernel rpm package. after thet I reboot my machine but I lost my UI interface and I run my machine in init 3 shell.

if any solution then please help

0 Kudos
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Satinder,

I would need little more information to debug this issue.
What is the Media Server Studio Release version?
Can you give us information about the processor?
By default during CentOS installation, minimal installation is used, please make sure you change it to "Development and Creative Workstation" base environment.There is an option to change the installation method before setting the admin & root password.  It is mentioned in the getting started guide but I know this is not a very obvious change that needs to be done, but without this Media Server Studio installation will fail.
If you have done so, please checkout the FAQ which has answers to installation and HW requirements, this might be relevant in your case.

Thanks,
Surbhi

0 Kudos
satinder_s_1
Beginner

Hi Surbhi,

My processor configuration is following:

Intel i5 processor

4th genration

Intel HD graphics

I installling intel media sdk 2015.

0 Kudos
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Satinder,

Can you confirm below things?

• While installing centOS 7.0, have you selected "Development and Creative Workstation" base environment instead of minimal installation, which is by default option?
  • please send us the Media Server Studio release no., it should be written on the package you have downloaded like Media Server Studio 2015 R4 or Media Server Studio 2015 R5 or tell us the build number which can be found in build_kernel_rpm_*.sh script present @ <installed folder>/MediaServerStudioEssentials2015R5/SDK2015Production16.4.2/CentOS like INTEL_MSS_BUILD_ID=3459
  • Please give us the complete system information, which you can find using this cmd - lscpu or cat /proc/cpuinfo , for e.g -  Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5250U CPU @ 1.60GHz in addition to what you have provided
  • If you confirm the first point, can you tell us the o/p of kernel installation script.
  • Make sure you check the Prerequisite Steps For All Installs mentioned in getting started guide.

Thanks,
Surbhi

0 Kudos