Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Integrating Intel-Media SDK with Unity Game Engine

paul__sibendu
Beginner

Is there any available project on integrating Intel-Media SDK with Unity to decode and display videos on Unity Game Engine on windows platform?

Or can anyone please help me on how to integrate Intel-Media SDK with unity game engine exploiting the GPU capabilities to decode and display H264 encoded videos?

I will be happy to provide any further details about my scenario. (I want to change the encoded video file path and want to call the Intel-Media SDK to decode it then needs to put the frames on surface texture and pass it back to unity for display, specifically I am looking to build a media-player based on Intel-Media SDK ported with Unity game engine if any such project is not available)

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Paul,

Media SDK doesn't have Unity integration, it works at C/C++. So you should work on some wrapper library to use it.

Here is the suggestion:

You need Unity (csharp environment)

Drop in a C/C++ dll exposing media sdk api

Note: For more efficiency and optimization - one can implement Unity Native Graphics plugin with OpenGL or DX11 to update unity  textures with graphics api in c++ in native dll for rendering faster.

Let me know if this helps.

Mark

0 Kudos