Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Intel Atom Laptop / Netbook series Compatible?

Ismaeel_A_
Beginner

Greetings,

I was wondering if someone could provide me with a list of some the Intel Atom CPU processors that are primarily for laptops / netbooks that are compatible with Intel Media SDK 2013. More specifically they are able to do HW accelerated encoding. I am looking to buy an Intel-Atom based laptop and am trying to make sure that the one I get supports the new SDK.

Thanks,

-isali 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Anthony_P_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Hardware acceleration of MediaSDK API 1.5 is available on Intel(r) Atom(tm) Z2700 series processors (formally called Clovertrail).  Older Intel(r) Atom(rm) products for did not support acceleration of the API.  (Except for Intel(r) Atom(tm) E6xx series used in embedded applications, which supported API 1.2)

0 Kudos
Ismaeel_A_
Beginner

Hi Tony,

Thank you for the quick response. A question that I have is, are the Clovertrail series of processors for tablets / smartphones only? if so do you think the best course of action would be to purchase one of the Win8 tablets that have one of these chips?

Thanks,

-isali

0 Kudos
Anthony_P_Intel
Employee

Yes. There are many unique designs including features like keyboards.  I suspect you will find some nice designs that use Intel(r) Atom(tm) Z2700 series processors. There are also products that use Intel(r) Core(tm) processors that support MediaSDK acceleration.  The 'best' option would depend on your usage and desired performance, battery life, and budget. 

0 Kudos
Ismaeel_A_
Beginner

Thank you for your help and insight. I will take your advise into consideration.

-isali

0 Kudos
Ismaeel_A_
Beginner

-advice not advise

0 Kudos