Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3056 Discussions

Intel Display driver for Win7 not installing bundled MediaSDK

vgernyc
Beginner
I'm trying to install the display driver for the GL40 chipset on Windows 7. I've also tried on a system that uses the Q45 chipset to the same result that the display driver install leaves out its Media SDK component. I've tried 2 different editions of Windows 7. I tried version 15.17.12.2226 and 15.17.12.2202 and still nothing.

Is there some system requirement that I'm missing?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Nina_K_Intel
Employee
Hello,

Intel Media SDK has platform specific libraries available for G45/GM45 (hw dll included in Media SDK 1.5 Gold) and for Intel HD Graphics (hw dll installed by GFX driver). GL40 and Q45 that you mentioned are not supported.

Regards,
Nina
0 Kudos
vgernyc
Beginner
I bought an Intel branded motherboard with the G45 chipset and still the driver refuses to install the Media SDK component.

The error logs mentioned that I do not have an Iron Lake chipset so it will skip Media SDK install.

So this basically says that only Core i series are supported?
0 Kudos
Eric_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Like Nina said, the Intel Media SDK has platform specific libraries for the G45, but these libraries are not installed by the graphics driver. For that chipset, you need to use the hardware DLL (libmfxhw32.dll, or libmfxhw64.dll) from the Media SDK 1.5 Gold download package.

-Eric

0 Kudos