Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Intel® Driver & Support Assistant

Zahidul
Beginner

Screenshot_3.jpg

When I wanted to install intel driver assistant it is showing this. But if it is already installed I don't find this anywhere. How can I solve this problem?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Emily
Novice

Hello Zahidul,

A shortcut may appear in your Start Menu's 'Recently added', so it's worth checking there.

However, there isn't really a program for it, rather, this software acts as a way for the website's driver and support tools to interact with your system, and can be used from here.

Hope this helps, feel free to reply with any questions

-Emily

0 Kudos
Zahidul
Beginner

Thank you Emily for your suggestion. But it is not working. When I clicked your link it is showing that the application is not installed. Again I downloaded that application and tried to install it. But the result is same.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Zahidul,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* community.

Please, provide me with the below information:

• Provide me with the link where you download the Intel* Driver and Support Assistance to check the specific version you are using.

Please run the following tool in Windows* and attach the report generated. 

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

• Intel® SSU Download
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Zahidul
Beginner

Hello Maria,

I am using this link given below. 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

And I have attached SSU Report

Please give me any solution.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Zahidul,

I noticed with the information you provided that you are using a Laptop from Asus*. Please be aware that the Intel* DSA just will show you the generic drivers from Intel* that might not work properly on a third-party system like your laptop, that is why the recommendation is to use the drivers of the system manufacturer, those drivers have been tested and validated for your system. You can find the Asus* drivers here.

If you want to use the Intel* DSA, please follow the next troubleshooting steps, and let me know the outcome:

1. Try testing all the different validated browsers: Chrome, Firefox, or Edge* (version 44.17763/18.17763 or newer browsers.) Look here to find out how to check your version of Edge.

Firefox

Chrome

Edge*

2. Uninstall the existing Intel Driver & Support Assistant (Intel DSA) from Apps and Features:

• Click Start.
  • Open Control Panel.
  • Select Programs.
  • Select Programs and Features.
  • From the list that displays, click Intel Driver & Support Assistant.
  • Click Uninstall.
  • A new window opens that offers to uninstall the program.

3. Remove any remaining filed from the Intel DSA in the system using the Uninstaller tool.

4. Download and reinstall the latest Intel DSA version, run the installer as administrator (right-click on the icon and choose Run as Administrator).

5. In case the problem appears again, please provide the Intel Driver & Support Assistant logs? In order to get them, please follow these instructions:

Press Windows key + E (File explorer Windows will be opened with this key combination).

Click on "This PC."

Look for: Disk C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA, and zip the Log files or the entire folder.

Note: In case you do not see the "ProgramData" folder click on the upper tab "View" and check the box "Hidden items".

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Zahidul,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Zahidul,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need further assistance, please create a new thread.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos