Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator driver for Windows Server 2008

Vassili_Yakovlev
Beginner
Hi,

I have to be able to use HW acceleration on Windows Server 2008 platform. Why is there no drivers for this platform?
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Nina_K_Intel
Employee
Hi Vassili,

To be able to install Intel GFX driver on Windows 2008 Server you'll need to manually install "Desktop Experience" feature first. It will add evr.dll to the system which is required for Media Foundation Transforms registration. Hardware accelerated MFTs are part of driver installation package.

With this done you should be able to install driver and use hardware acceleration of Quick Sync Video.

Regards,
Nina

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
31 Replies
Nina_K_Intel
Employee
Hi Vassily,

I'm really sorry that you have to be struggling with these difficulties. And thank you for sharing your experience with the community.

We have consolidated your and other customers requests and passed to driver team to prove the need in separate public driver for this platform. I will check the status of this question and update this thread as soon as there is some news.

Regards,
Nina
0 Kudos
geiri
Beginner
Hi Nina.

I have a HP Compaq 8200 elite Small Form Factor and I'm having the same problem with the Intel Graphics driver on Windows Server 2008 (Intel Processor Graphics 2000).

any news on when the driver for it will be availible?

-Geiri
0 Kudos
Nina_K_Intel
Employee
Hi Geiri,

I'm sorry, no news so far. I will update the community when there is something to tell.

Regards,
Nina
0 Kudos
Vassili_Yakovlev
Beginner
Hi Nina,

Any updates regarding Windows Server 2008 drivers?

Kind regards,
Vassili
0 Kudos
entropy1000
Beginner
Hello Nina,

Any news about a Windows Server 2008/2008R2 driver for Intel HD 3000GPU ?
The Intel C200-series chipsets with Xeon E3-12x5-series CPU'sneed a server driver please so that Hyper-V RemoteFX will work !

Thank you,
John

0 Kudos
der_clown
Beginner
Quoting entropy1000
Hello Nina,

Any news about a Windows Server 2008/2008R2 driver for Intel HD 3000GPU ?
The Intel C200-series chipsets with Xeon E3-12x5-series CPU'sneed a server driver please so that Hyper-V RemoteFX will work !

Thank you,
John

I'm also really looking forward to when there is support for Intel Graphics Media Accelerator driver for Windows Server 2008 R2. After installing the driver does not run the image.Core i7 2700K.
Please let us know when there will be drivers for Windows Server 2008 R2.
0 Kudos
Nina_K_Intel
Employee
Hello,

I'm sorry, still no updates/news on a Windows Serverdedicated driver. I can only suggest trying out the latest Win7/Vista drivers available on downloadcenter.intel.com. Could be that newer releases are better in terms of Windows Server compatibility.

Regards,
Nina
0 Kudos
der_clown
Beginner
Hello,

I'm sorry, still no updates/news on a Windows Serverdedicated driver. I can only suggest trying out the latest Win7/Vista drivers available on downloadcenter.intel.com. Could be that newer releases are better in terms of Windows Server compatibility.

Regards,
Nina

Install the latest drivers - did not work. After rebooting, the screen does not show. But the OS is loaded. Not the image.
0 Kudos
Nina_K_Intel
Employee
I'm sorry it didn't help. Your request for Windows Server 2008 driver is recorded, we will post here as soon as there are news.

Regards,
Nina
0 Kudos
der_clown
Beginner
I'm sorry it didn't help. Your request for Windows Server 2008 driver is recorded, we will post here as soon as there are news.

Regards,
Nina

Thanks, I'll wait.
0 Kudos
刚_隆_
Beginner

Hi Nina Kurina,

Hi Vassili,

I have similar problem recently, as my customer required Platform: Core i3-2120 (with Intel HD Graphics 2000)  + Windows Server 2008 R2.

I can only find useful info in this old thread, as you mentioned "Intel Graphics Media Accelerator driver can be installed on Windows Server 2008 R2 (only 64-bit available)", and "latest publicky available Win7/Vista HD Graphics driver installation on a 2nd gen Core i7 with Windows Server 2008 and the workaround worked fine there (no issues)."

But unfortunately for now, I find the way mentioned here not success:( -- even if I had opened "Desktop Experience" in Windows 2008 R2, as Nina had told here long ago.

I've posted a thread https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-media-sdk/topic/703611 to describe my headache, but no reply yet:(

Tested general version of drivers:

(1) Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows Vista* 64 (exe) https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/21414/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-Vista-64-exe-?product=59133 Version: 15.22.54.64.2622 (Latest) Date: 1/21/2012

(2) Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows* 7/8-64-bit https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24971/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-64-bit?product=59133  Version: 15.28.24.64.4229 (Latest) Date: 6/5/2015

So, could you someone please help/advise me on this? For example, Nina(Intel), could you look into Intel's driver archive and give me a working version? thanks a lot!

We've been waiting to solve this for more than half-month, which is a big trouble for us and customer...

Charles

0 Kudos