Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Intel HD Graphics 530 HW decode initializing fail

CBill2
Beginner

Hi, I have a problem when I initializing H264 HW codec, it always return MFX_ERR_UNSUPPORTED.

This is my code:

MFXVideoDECODE*            m_pmfxDEC;

mfxVideoParam   m_mfxVideoParams;

mfxFrameAllocRequest Request;

m_mfxVideoParams.vpp.In.FourCC = MFX_FOURCC_NV12;
m_mfxVideoParams.vpp.In.Width  = 5120;
m_mfxVideoParams.vpp.In.Height = 3648;
m_mfxVideoParams.vpp.In.CropX  = 0;
m_mfxVideoParams.vpp.In.CropY  = 0;
m_mfxVideoParams.vpp.In.CropW  = 5120;
m_mfxVideoParams.vpp.In.CropH  = 3648;
m_mfxVideoParams.vpp.In.ChromaFormat = MFX_CHROMAFORMAT_YUV420;    

sts = m_pmfxDEC->QueryIOSurf(&m_mfxVideoParams, &Request);/////always fail return MFX_ERR_UNSUPPORTED

It always fail when my video size is "5120x3648", but it is OK when I input low resolution video like "1920x1080".

thank your help

bill

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Bill,

According to the page 6 in the release notes, the maximum resolution for VPP is 4096x4096 and it should apply to both the width and height of the resolution.

Mark

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Bill,

According to the page 6 in the release notes, the maximum resolution for VPP is 4096x4096 and it should apply to both the width and height of the resolution.

Mark

0 Kudos