Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Intel Hardware M-JPEG Decoder MFT

Martn_A_
Beginner

I'm trying to use this MFT to decode MJPEG frames.  I have a working sample that uses the synchronous decoder from Microsoft which goes thru a software path, and I'm trying to convert that code to use the Intel decoder which presumably uses the GPU to decode frames.

My code activates the Intel MFT, then unlocks the Async MFT.  I notice two problems:

1) My original code calls SetInputType on the MFT.  Now, that call returns E_FAIL.

mfVideoFormat.dwSize = sizeof(mfVideoFormat);
mfVideoFormat.guidFormat = MFVideoFormat_MJPG;
mfVideoFormat.videoInfo.dwWidth = m_imageWidth;
mfVideoFormat.videoInfo.dwHeight = m_imageHeight;
hr = MFCreateVideoMediaType(&mfVideoFormat, &pVideoMediaTypeInput);

hr = mjpegMFT->SetInputType( 0, pVideoMediaTypeInput, 0 );  // XXX this call fails with E_FAIL

2)  If  I comment this out, and then query for the IMFMediaEventGenerator, and call BeginGetEvent, my invoke method is never called by the MFT.

Are there any samples showing how to decode an image using an asynchronous + hardware MFT?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi,

Please check the decoding with one of our samples using sample_decode. This is a sample decoder and also uses Intel hardware during the decoding process. Please follow the format provide at https://software.intel.com/forums/topic/531083 , which will provide us more useful information about your environment set up.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi,

Please check the decoding with one of our samples using sample_decode. This is a sample decoder and also uses Intel hardware during the decoding process. Please follow the format provide at https://software.intel.com/forums/topic/531083 , which will provide us more useful information about your environment set up.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
abi_k_
Beginner

Hi All,

I'm developing a multimedia USB Camera streaming application for Desktop using SourceReader MediaFoundation technique.

I'm using USB camera device to show streaming. The camera supports 2-video formats: YUY2 and MJPG.

For MJPG video format, I used MJPEG Decoder MFT to convert MJPG - YUY2 - RGB32 and then displaying on the window using Direct3D9. 
For specific resolution, I'm facing framerate drops from 60fps to 30fps(Ex: 1920x1080 60fps but drawing only 30-33fps).

I have posted a question about this issue in StackOverflow, some of them suggested to me use Intel Hardware M-JPEG Decoder MFT.

So, I tried to use Intel Hardware M-JPEG Decoder MFT in my application but this decoder is not installed on my PC.
I downloaded the Intel Media SDK 2016 R2 setup from your site and installed in my PC. I have enumerated this decoder to use it in my system but I  couldn't find any intel hardware decoder installed in my PC. Moreover, I confirmed with System analyzer tool. 

I have attached my system configuration file. File Name: DxDiag.txt

Could you tell me whether my system support to install this decoder?If Yes, Please help me to install this decoder and solve this issue?

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos