Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3056 Discussions

Intel® Media SDK 2018 R2 - Media Samples 8.4.27.378\sample_decode to decode mp4 to yuv file failed

yanyi0
Beginner

i install Intel® Media SDK 2018 R2 in windows 10, i want to use decode_sample to decode mp4 to yuv file  use Visual Studio 2019 , build compile failed

my computer intel processor model is Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @2.30GHz

VGA driver is Intel(R) HD Graphics Family and NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M5.png

console output log as follows:

[ERROR], sts=MFX_ERR_UNSUPPORTED(-3), CDecodingPipeline::Init, m_mfxSession.Init failed at C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Intel? Media SDK 2018 R2 - Media Samples 8.4.27.378\sample_decode\src\pipeline_decode.cpp:309

[ERROR], sts=MFX_ERR_UNSUPPORTED(-3), wmain, Pipeline.Init failed at C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Intel? Media SDK 2018 R2 - Media Samples 8.4.27.378\sample_decode\src\sample_decode.cpp:686

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Intel

Media SDK 2018 R2 - Media Samples 8.4.27.378\_build\x64\Release\sample_decode.exe (进程 17196)已退出,代码为 -3。
要在调试停止时自动关闭控制台,请启用“工具”->“选项”->“调试”->“调试停止时自动关闭控制台”。
按任意键关闭此窗口. . .

2.png3.png4.png

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

As mentioned in the intel-MSDK git repo, in order to build any sample on Windows, we need Visual Studio 2017.

msdk_visualstudio_2017.JPG

Please follow the below steps:

1. Download or clone the MSDK git repo.(https://github.com/Intel-Media-SDK/MediaSDK)

2. Open sample_decode in Visual Studio 2017 and select the build option.

build_sample_decode.png

3. After building, you should see an executable with the name sample_decode.exe. Please copy the file location and open it in your command prompt. If possible, move your input video to that location. 

sample_decode_path.JPG

command:

sample_decode.exe h265 -i <Path to your input file> -o <outputfile> -i420 -hw -fps <value>

eg: sample_decode.exe h265 -i out.h265 -o out.yuv -i420 -hw -fps 25

Note: Please make sure is the correct file and it is working correctly

cmd_sample_decode.JPG

Thanks,

Jaideep

0 Kudos
yanyi0
Beginner

Hi,Thank you for replay my questions。

But I Install Intel® Media SDK 2018 R2 by installing MSDK2018R2.exe,then found the sample_decode project in "C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Intel® Media SDK 2018 R2 - Media Samples 8.4.27.378", compile sample_decode can generate sample_decode.exe but using sample_decode.exe to decode mp4 to yuv file failed.

Therefore i double if my processor is not surpport the hw decode with Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @2.30GHz.

it is not a compile question but is a question which my processor support Intel Media SDK hw decode.

In command line console, to execute command with "sample_decode.exe h264 -i out.h264 -o out.yuv -hw -i420 -f 25 to" is failed,

the console log to output  as follows:

[ERROR], sts=MFX_ERR_UNSUPPORTED(-3), CDecodingPipeline::Init, m_mfxSession.Init failed at C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Intel? Media SDK 2018 R2 - Media Samples 8.4.27.378\sample_decode\src\pipeline_decode.cpp:309

[ERROR], sts=MFX_ERR_UNSUPPORTED(-3), wmain, Pipeline.Init failed at C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Intel? Media SDK 2018 R2 - Media Samples 8.4.27.378\sample_decode\src\sample_decode.cpp:686

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Intel

whether my comupter hardware supports the Intel Media SDK hw decode and sw decode?

yanyi0_0-1644908763597.png

0 Kudos
JaideepK_Intel

Hi Yan,

The processor that you are using is the Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz, which comes under Sandy Bridge. Unfortunately, the latest Intel MSDK does not support it.

Please refer to the below link.

https://github.com/Intel-Media-SDK/MediaSDK

JaideepK_Intel_0-1644932817945.png

Thanks,

Jaideep

0 Kudos
yanyi0
Beginner

Hi

Thank you for your precise replies!

i have another questions that how do i to add VPPPlugin   in sample_decode.exe project like sample_multi_transcode does. as follows:

6.png

I want to compile sample_decode project with vpp_plugin to render sample_decode.exe  owning  function of vpp_plugin like rotate yuv file. How do I ?

0 Kudos
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

Since you started a new thread for the above question(https://community.intel.com/t5/Media-Intel-oneAPI-Video/Intel-Media-SDK2018-R2-sample-decode-project-to-add-vpp-plugin/m-p/1363234#M14103), can we close this thread?. We have provided a solution to your 1st question. If that resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as a solution. This would help others with similar issues. Thank you!

One workaround:

Since you have sample_decode.exe and sample_vpp.exe, you can feed the output from sample_decode.exe to sample_vpp.exe with a python script by using a subprocess module.decode,vpp.JPG

Regards,

Jaideep

0 Kudos
yanyi0
Beginner

Hello,

you proviode a example which explained the reason combining the sample_multi_transcode with vpp_plugin, Therefore, I want to combine sample_decode with vpp_plugin , rendering sample_decede.exe owning the function of vpp_plugin possessed  such as rotate and so on.

python is a choice. but there are two .exe file, But i would like to compile generate a sample_decode.exe file.

please privode related reference to realize it.

i search  a missing relateing documents sample_user_modules in readme_vppplugin.pdf.as follows:

yanyi0_0-1645686281077.png

0 Kudos
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

• Regarding your issue with unsupported hardware, we have provided you with relevant information. We hope that it helped you resolve your issue.

Hence, we will close this thread. If you need any further assistance, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks,

Jaideep

0 Kudos