Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Intel Media SDK 2021 R1 - MVC encoding problem

Frantisek_K_
Beginner

Hello,

I'm facing problem with MVC (Multiview Stereoscopic) encoding with latest Media SDK 2021 R1 (Media SDK version 1.34),
particularly with SW implementation.

Even the sample_encode.exe unexpectedly fails (Windows 10):

sample_encode.exe mvc -sw -f 23.976 -i  SRC_L.yv12 -i SRC_R.yv12 -o output.avc -o output.mvc -viewoutput -w 1920 -h 1080

[ERROR], sts=MFX_ERR_UNDEFINED_BEHAVIOR(-16), CEncodingPipeline::ResetMFXComponents, m_pmfxENC->Init failed at c:\bb\b-1-27\mediasdk-windows\build_dir\repos\mediasdk\samples\sample_encode\src\pipeline_encode.cpp:2100
[ERROR], sts=MFX_ERR_UNDEFINED_BEHAVIOR(-16), CEncodingPipeline::Init, ResetMFXComponents failed at c:\bb\b-1-27\mediasdk-windows\build_dir\repos\mediasdk\samples\sample_encode\src\pipeline_encode.cpp:1852
[ERROR], sts=MFX_ERR_UNDEFINED_BEHAVIOR(-16), wmain, pPipeline->Init failed at c:\bb\b-1-27\mediasdk-windows\build_dir\repos\mediasdk\samples\sample_encode\src\sample_encode.cpp:1745
Frame number: 0
Encoding fps: -0

while the same example from previous release Media SDK 2020 R1 (Media SDK version 1.28) worked without any problems.

Problem is in function MFXVideoENCODE_Init(m_session, par) which now fails - with the same parameters as in previous release.

Could you please advice what has been changed and mainly how to overcome this issue?
Which parameters need to be adjusted (to contrary to previous version)?

Please note that Stereoscopic MVC ecoding/decoding is key functionality for me...

Thanks

Frank

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel forums.

We are checking on this. We will get back to you soon with an update.

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Could you check and confirm whether you have used video file as input?

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos
Frantisek_K_
Beginner

Certainly YES.

I'm talking about encoding.

SRC_L.yv12 and SRC_R.yv12 are planar videofiles yuv 4:2:0

With latest libmfxsw32.dll/libmfxsw64.dll  (File version 11.21.3.18) I get error

sample_encode.exe mvc -sw -f 23.976 -i SRC_L.yv12 -i SRC_R.yv12 -o output.avc -o output.mvc -viewoutput -w 1920 -h 1080

[ERROR], sts=MFX_ERR_UNDEFINED_BEHAVIOR(-16), CEncodingPipeline::ResetMFXComponents, m_pmfxENC->Init failed at c:\bb\b-1-27\mediasdk-windows\build_dir\repos\mediasdk\samples\sample_encode\src\pipeline_encode.cpp:2100

[ERROR], sts=MFX_ERR_UNDEFINED_BEHAVIOR(-16), CEncodingPipeline::Init, ResetMFXComponents failed at c:\bb\b-1-27\mediasdk-windows\build_dir\repos\mediasdk\samples\sample_encode\src\pipeline_encode.cpp:1852

[ERROR], sts=MFX_ERR_UNDEFINED_BEHAVIOR(-16), wmain, pPipeline->Init failed at c:\bb\b-1-27\mediasdk-windows\build_dir\repos\mediasdk\samples\sample_encode\src\sample_encode.cpp:1745
Frame number: 0
Encoding fps: -0

when I use hardware library (which is older version on my i7 Haswell)

sample_encode.exe mvc -hw -f 23.976 -i SRC_L.yv12 -i SRC_R.yv12 -o output.avc -o output.mvc -viewoutput -w 1920 -h 1080

it creates regular  avc+mvc files, as expected.

Thanks

Frank

0 Kudos
Frantisek_K_
Beginner

Hello,

could you please provide me with an update regarding this defect?

I need to have MVC-3D encoding working... 

Thanks

Frank

0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

We are working on this internally. We will get back to you soon.

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos
Frantisek_K_
Beginner

Hello,

it is more than half a year - and I didn't get any answer to this bug reported in initial message of this chain.

(Repeating again:  MVC-3D encoding and decoding is essential functionality of Media SDK for me,

this is why I have chosen this platform to work with)

Thanks

Frank

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

Apologies for the delays. Media SDK functionality has been superseded by oneVPL, FFmpeg and GStreamer.

For more information see the oneVPL Landing Page: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/tools/oneapi/onevpl.html where you will find, among other information

oneVPL version 2.x is an API that is the successor to Intel® Media SDK. The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active and will not be updated. Packages and downloads are still available on GitHub*. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to move to oneVPL as soon as possible.

Let us know if you have any questions about oneVPL.

0 Kudos