Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Intel Media SDK Client for Linux OS on E3800 Intel Atom

Anil_N_
Beginner

Does Intel Media SDK client is supported for Linux operating system for multimedia trans-coding capabilities on Intel E3800 platform. 

If no,than any other SDK which supports trans-coding capabilities for Intel Atom E3800 platform.

Thanks ,

Anil N

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

Intel Media SDK for Linux only supports Xeon E3-1285+C226 chipset and 3rd/4th generation Core processors.  Today there are no plans for Atom.  

Of course we can't make any guarantees, but we always want to listen to feedback for future planning.  What kinds of use cases would you like to cover with Atom processors?  And what prevents you from considering Core i3, which is supported?  If there are any concerns with posting any of this information publicly please feel free to reply with a private message.

In theory you may be able to use libva directly, but I am not an expert on libva and it is beyond the scope of this forum.  From a Media SDK perspective you would be on your own with this path.  

Regards, Jeff

0 Kudos
Anil_N_
Beginner

Thanks Jeffrey for your time and inputs .

I am looking for transcoding capabilities based on Intel Atom E3800 processor for Linux OS .The transcoding shall be hardware accelerated based on  Intel Media Engine using transcoding pipeline .

Is there any SDK supported by Intel for this scenarios or need to start from starch about accessing hardware accelerations for encode-decode.

0 Kudos