Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Intel Media SDK Hardware Accelaration

Carl_P_
Beginner

Hi,

I am running Win7 64-bit on a sandy bridge (i7-2700k) with a discrete graphics card (Nvidia) and currently developing a Transcoder which works great with MFX_IMPL_SOFTWARE.

// Session init
m_session.Init( (MFX_IMPL_AUTO_ANY | MFX_IMPL_VIA_ANY),&version);

// Always return software
m_session.QueryIMPL(&m_impl);

• According to 4.18 Handling Multiple Graphics Adapters It should be possible to utilize the integrated GPU even though I use a discrete GPU as my primary. Is this supported under Win7? 

best regards, 
Carl

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Petter_L_Intel
Employee

Hi Carl,

Yes, i7-2700k (Intel 2nd generation Core processor) does have support for HW accelerated decode and encode.

Make sure you have the most recent Intel graphics driver installed on your system. If you are using Win7 then you have to resort to using DirectX9 which does imply some limitations on systems with multiple graphics devices, such as requiring having monitor physically attached to the Intel graphics device to make sure the device is active.

Regards,
Petter 

0 Kudos
Michael_Schmidt
Beginner

This trick should work on Windows 7: http://www.bandicam.com/support/tips/intel-quick-sync/

By adding the display device there is no need for a physically attached monitor.
0 Kudos
Carl_P_
Beginner

Thanks for the information and tricks.

0 Kudos