Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Intel Media SDK & Linux

Eric_Jeon
Beginner

Could Intel Media SDK use in Linux system?

If it could , how can i get the libs?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Petter_L_Intel
Employee
Hi Eric, Intel Media SDK is not available for Linux. Regards, Petter
0 Kudos
aegor
Beginner
Hi, Petter! This is a quote from the Media SDK 2.0 marketing materials: The library API is cross-platform and cross-operating systems with software fallback. Please, specify the content of the terms: "cross-platform" and "cross-operating systems". Cross-platform is sandy/ivy with hd 3000/4000 and Cross-OS is Vista/W7/W8? Correct?
0 Kudos
Jack_Chimasera
Beginner
Hello Eric Unrelated to Peter's authoritative answer, Intel has released a solution for hardware decoding AND encoding under Linux, called LibVA (or VAAPI). I have little experience under Linux, but the documentation seem to indicate the functionality is comparable to MediaSDK, even if the API is quite different. regards Jack
0 Kudos
Petter_L_Intel
Employee
Hi all, libVA indeed provides low level access to some codec HW acceleration. But unfortunately, the current available Linux graphics drivers does not provide a very useful level of performance or quality. I do not expect this to improve. We are working on a Linux version of Media SDK and driver that will provide comparable performance/quality to Windows. However, we are not yet ready to share the date of availability and the terms of use. I understand that this may be frustrating to many, but trust me, this effort is taken seriously. Regards,. Petter
0 Kudos
Petter_L_Intel
Employee

Intel Media SDK 2013 for Linux Servers announced.

More info here:http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/386795

0 Kudos