Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3056 Discussions

Intel Media SDK capture which monitor if more than one monitor is connected with CPU?

Mohammad_T_1
Beginner

I am using Windows 10 and my CPU has more than one monitor connected. I wanted to know which monitor will Capture by Intel Media SDK.  

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anna_B_Intel
Employee

Hi Mohammad,

In case of several monitors connected, the first monitor in options or the monitor where is the cursor will be captured.

Best wishes,

Anna 

0 Kudos
Mohammad_T_1
Beginner

Hello Anna,

I have done some RnD, as per my finding:

1)- When i do switch display or do change primary(main) from Windows Screen Resolution wizard, Intel plugin captures only the first monitor in options each time.

2)- When i do switch display or change primary(main) display from Intel Graphics Control panel Display option, Intel plugin starts capture the screen whichever sets as primary.

So i want to understand, how intel plugins decides which monitor to capture? And why it is not changing screen when i do change it with Windows Screen Resolution Wizard.

0 Kudos
Anna_B_Intel
Employee

Hi Mohammad,

Screen Capture plugin takes monitor's information from driver. Use Intel Graphics Control panel Display option if it works for you.

Best wishes,

Anna

0 Kudos
Mohammad_T_1
Beginner

Hi Anna,

My concern is to get consistent behaviour when screen setting is changed from either Windows or Intel control panel, as we cannot restrict our users to use any specific control panel to change the setting of screen. So is there is any way of achieving this consistent behaviour?

Kindly clear me:

1- When i  change Screen setting from Windows control panel then where this information is saved? 

2- When i  change Screen setting from Intel control panel then where this information is saved?

3- Is there any why of accessing information from driver?

Thank you

0 Kudos