Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Intel® Media SDK for Linux* Servers 2014?

Yu_B_
Beginner

hi, all,

I've got a email from Intel.Registration.Center@intel.com, which says that:

"Intel® Media SDK for Linux* Servers 2014 1.0 Available March 21, 2014"

However, I can not find the .zip package download link in the download page, has it been released or not?

Is there any new features in this release?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MSaue
Beginner

I have the same problem.  The download packages are there for R2 and R3 from 2013, but the March 21, 2014 release does not show up in my account.

0 Kudos
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused by the early notification.  The release package will be available within a few days.  A technical glitch during release preparation caused the notification to go out before all of the pieces were ready.  

There is a lot to look forward to in the new release, including:

• New plugin API designed for adding custom decode, encode, and VPP to the common Media SDK interface
  • Intra refresh (aka "Rolling I frame")
  • VPP composition improvements
  • Alpha blending feature preview
  • Samples for splitting/muxing and "full" transcode (not just video elementary streams)

Regards, Jeff 

0 Kudos
Ivan_T_
Beginner

Finally, the full_transcode is available for linux.

BUT ..... libmfxaudiosw64.so is missing ....

What comes next - i have to purchase it again, like i did with libmfxaudiosw64.dll or how can i find it ?

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos