Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Intel Media SDK use d3d11 and sw to vpp failed!

X_T_1
Beginner

when use simple_vpp_d3d11.exe in the sdk mediasdk-tutorials-0.0.3 and set sw to vpp, It reports failed:

Unsupported feature/library load error. mediasdk-tutorials-0.0.3\common\common_utils_windows.cpp 35

Unsupported feature/library load error. mediasdk-tutorials-0.0.3\simple_4_vpp_resize_denoise_vmem\src\simple_vpp_vmem.cpp 80

It seem to use MFX_IMPL_SOFTWARE | MFX_IMPL_VIA_D3D11 to init SDK Session failed!

Does media sdk not support d3d11 and sw setting feature? How to fix this failed?

When I use the d3d11 and hw setting , it can work. 

When use simple_vpp_d3d.exe, set sw or hw, it also can work. 

My System is win10(15063),cpu i5-6500

I use the SDK version is Intel(R)_Media_SDK_2016.0.2.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi X.T

Could you post your full command so I will try to reproduce it?

If you use the Skylake, you might try to use the lated Media SDK release instead of the release from the last year.

Mark

0 Kudos