Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

Intel Media SDK2018 R2 sample_decode project to add vpp_plugin faild, can you provide reference?

yanyi0
Beginner

Hi,  I  installed Intel Media SDK 2018 R2, I can compile sample_decode and sample_multi_transcode to produce .exe file to work.

But I want to compile sample_decode project Involved vpp_plugin project as like sample_multi_transcode, How do i to achieve it?6.png

above,it is a sample to use vpp_plugin,likely, I would like to use vpp_plugin in sample_decode,please privode a relating reference to read or  some procedures which can be executed to achieve vpp_plugin condition in sample_decode project !

I try to achieve it by add vpp_plugin project in sample_decode project but  i don't know  how to change code to render sample_decode possessing of vpp_plugin function !

yanyi0_0-1645602993971.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

We are working on this internally. We will get back with an update.

Thanks,

Jaideep

0 Kudos
Kevin_O_Intel1
Employee

This would require some non-trivial modification of the sample_decode code to integrate VPP plugin in it. Copy plugin loading code, instantiate session, and register plugin just like sample-multi_transcode does. It should be possible to configure both decode and VP pipeline components in the same session.

Just in case. For JPEG decoder there is in-codec support for rotations on 90, 180, 270 degrees. These are supported in sample_decode command line.

0 Kudos