Media (Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools from Intel. This includes Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK.
Announcements
The Intel sign-in experience is changing in February to support enhanced security controls. If you sign in, click here for more information.
2970 Discussions

Intel Media SDK2018 R2 sample_decode project to add vpp_plugin faild, can you provide reference?

yanyi0
Beginner

Hi,  I  installed Intel Media SDK 2018 R2, I can compile sample_decode and sample_multi_transcode to produce .exe file to work.

But I want to compile sample_decode project Involved vpp_plugin project as like sample_multi_transcode, How do i to achieve it?6.png

above,it is a sample to use vpp_plugin,likely, I would like to use vpp_plugin in sample_decode,please privode a relating reference to read or  some procedures which can be executed to achieve vpp_plugin condition in sample_decode project !

I try to achieve it by add vpp_plugin project in sample_decode project but  i don't know  how to change code to render sample_decode possessing of vpp_plugin function !

yanyi0_0-1645602993971.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

We are working on this internally. We will get back with an update.

Thanks,

Jaideep

Kevin_O_Intel1
Employee

This would require some non-trivial modification of the sample_decode code to integrate VPP plugin in it. Copy plugin loading code, instantiate session, and register plugin just like sample-multi_transcode does. It should be possible to configure both decode and VP pipeline components in the same session.

Just in case. For JPEG decoder there is in-codec support for rotations on 90, 180, 270 degrees. These are supported in sample_decode command line.