Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Intel Media Server Studio 2016 ?

Robby_S
New Contributor I

Hi, I noticed that Intel Media Server Studio 2016 is available. But when I tried to download the community edition, I could only choose between builds R4, R5, or R6 of the 2015 version.

Is it because Intel Media Server Studio 2016 has no community edition, or is it because Media Server Studio 2016 is a rebranding of 2015R6?

Thanks,

-Robby

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Robby,

Media Server Studio 2016 is not available yet, we will be making 2016 release in future. We have just made formal announcement of what major things are expected from 2016 release, which can be found through coming soon tag on the webpage.
But I see this is confusing as title say Media Server Studio 2016 and anyone would assume it's available now.
I apologize for this confusion, we will add the tag "Coming Soon" to it.

Once, we have the release you will get an email from Intel Registration Center that latest version is available to download.

Thanks,
Surbhi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Robby,

Media Server Studio 2016 is not available yet, we will be making 2016 release in future. We have just made formal announcement of what major things are expected from 2016 release, which can be found through coming soon tag on the webpage.
But I see this is confusing as title say Media Server Studio 2016 and anyone would assume it's available now.
I apologize for this confusion, we will add the tag "Coming Soon" to it.

Once, we have the release you will get an email from Intel Registration Center that latest version is available to download.

Thanks,
Surbhi

0 Kudos
Robby_S
New Contributor I

Hi Surbhi,

I see. Thanks for the clarification.

-Robby

0 Kudos
david123456
Beginner

How long time for us to wait MSS 2016 coming to the world?

0 Kudos
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi David, 

We are working on the next release, while saying that we will be happy to capture your inputs and provide it to the release planning team- Is there anything particular you are looking forward in the next Media Server Studio release? Any road blocking issue, performance concern in current Media Server Studio release or anything other? Please let us know. 
Also, it will be helpful if you can let us know little about your company and the application which you are developing using Media Server Studio ?

Feel free to send us the information through private message. 

Thanks,
Surbhi

0 Kudos
david123456
Beginner

Thanks for your quick answer.

We designed 8 channel HD live stream encoder based on msdk. Pls see: http://www.tongshi.com/products_e_8.html#

Now we are developing new version encoder under CentOS. It will support 1080P, multi-bitsrate and HEVC for 8 channels. As limitation of MSS 2015 and haswell CPU, the encoding performance does not fullfill the requirements. So we hope MSS 2016 and skylake HW encoder can be used in new verison.

0 Kudos
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Thanks for the update, that is surely helpful for us to provide feedback to the release planning team. If you want to measure the HEVC performance on SKL HW, I will suggest to download Media SDK(same same API, SDK as MSS). Though it supports only windows OS but the performance will remain pretty much same for Linux through Media Server Studio. 

I don't have dates to provide for the next release of Media Server Studio, but hopefully it will be a matter of just few weeks. 

Have a great holiday season!

-Surbhi

0 Kudos
david123456
Beginner
We're very lucky to design new products by catching a tailwind QuickSync. Thanks very much.
BTW, we also want to design encoder for TV broadcast. As 1080i@50Hz is popular and no MBAFF supported by MSS, the interlace encoding efficiency is a bit lower.  Will MBAFF be supported in the future?

Happy New Year!
0 Kudos
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

As you know we don't have MBAFF feature support currently but I am checking with experts to see if this feature can be supported in future, which will might take a while due to holiday season but will keep you posted. 

Thanks,
Surbhi

0 Kudos
bola_a_
Beginner

What processors are supported? can i use Intel® Core™ i7 Quad Core 3770 HT

0 Kudos